Chapter 39

~Lin POV~
February 26th
So Jasmine and Anthony apparently got a puppy on our day off. They are bringing her to the theater with them today. The cast is really excited to meet her. Also, Jasmine gets her knee checked out again pretty soon, and she may get off her crutches. The show is going well, we are sold out every night. I feel like Lillian is just nonstop growing and she's acts so grown up, sometimes. Groff really brings out the crazy side of her. Groff came back to the show three days ago and Thayne came back two days ago. His ear is okay now, he is just waiting on the stitches to fully dissolve and then he will be even better. But he's back in the show. We really worked Yorktown to make sure there are no more accidents. I'm always at the theater early, and here I am again, four hours before the show. I don't know what I am even doing here, the show looks and sounds fine. I guess it I came early just out of habit or something. There is a snowstorm outside right now, and it is February. Seriously New York? Anyways, the cast should be getting here soon for call and to meet Nala, Anthony and Jasmine's dog. Pippa texts me that she is on her way with Lillian and I walk down to the doors to let them in. When I open the door, I see Pippa and Lillian walking, but they are still a decent distance away. I wave to them and they wave back, Lillian's little arms restricted in her puffy jacket. But I also see something else. There is a little boy, who looks about four shivering and crying on a bench outside the theater. I quick put the doorstop between the doors and walk up to him.

"Hey. Are you okay?" I ask him gently.

"I lost my mommy." He tells me, shivering and crying. I sit down next to him.

"Alright. What's your name?" I ask him gently.

"Colton Brant." He says. I nod.

"How old are you?" I ask him. He holds up four stubby little fingers. I nod again. "How did you get lost?"

"My mommy crossed the street but I got lost."

"Do you know where your mommy was going?" I ask him. He shakes his head no. Just then, Pippa and Lillian arrive next to me, and Daveed and Oak arrive from the opposite direction.

"What's going on?" Pippa, Oak, and Daveed all ask at the same time. Colton looks a little scared and overwhelmed as Renèe walks up as well, with Leslie walking up from the other side. I hold up a finger to tell them to wait.

"Alright. That's okay, we will find your mommy. Can I bring you inside this building?" I gently ask him. He nods slowly, his eyes darting from person to person. "What's your mommy's name?"

"Rebecca Brant." He says quietly.

"Hey, everyone head on inside to your dressing rooms and then to the stage, please." I say. They all head inside, Pippa giving me one last worried glance. I give her an assuring glance and help Colton off the bench and into the theater behind her. I take him into my dressing room, where Pippa and Lillian are. He is still crying and shivering. I put a blanket on him to help warm him up before continuing to ask questions. "Do you know your mommy's phone number?" I ask him. He shakes his head. Things just got more complicated. All I've got is a name. Maybe I can get a description, but Colton is saying less and less as he gets more scared. "Colton, we are going to find your mommy. Can you tell me what she looks like?" I ask him.

"Mommy has brown hair and blue eyes." He says. Okay, at least it's something.

"Do you know where your daddy is?" I ask. He nods.