Chapter 37

~Anthony POV~
Recap:
I just died. I walk for a while and come to a door. I open the door and see Heaven.

Present:
"Hey, Jas. Why are you crying?" I ask.

"I don't like watching you die as Philip. It makes me sad." She says, slowly getting up and getting her crutches and then hugging me. (HAHAHAHAHAHA)

"At least Philip walked in here and saw Heaven." I say. She laughs.

"I'm literally wearing sweatpants and your shirt." She says.

"But you're still beautiful." I tell her.

"Shut up." She says. "But thank you." I kiss her forehead.

"Show's almost over. We can head home pretty soon baby girl." I tell her, pulling out of the hug. "I've gotta get back to the wings for the end of the show." I tell her. She grabs my hand as I start to turn and leave.

"Do you have to go?" She whines. I smile.

"I guess I have a couple minutes. They are only on Your Obedient Servant. I have like, one song. Then I actually have to go back." I say. "You know you can come watch from the wings, right?" I tell her. "And talk to the cast as they come offstage and go onstage?" I add. She nods. "So why didn't you?"

"I didn't want them to see me cry over something I've seen a million times because I'm an overly emotional sap." She deadpans. I laugh.

"You usually don't cry for it, Jas." I say, laughing. She shoots me a look, but quickly drops it and laughs with me.

"I'm tired right now, and when I'm tired I get delusional and emotional. I haven't done anything lately, so I don't why I'm so tired. Also, Groff and Thayne aren't here because Thayne is off for a few days, and Groff makes things more interesting. And crunching down there is a lot of work." She says. I run my hand through her hair.

"Regarding the sleeping thing, you probably just haven't been sleeping as well. As for the Groff thing, I can't really do anything about it. They'll both be back in the show as soon as Thayne heals. Come on, everyone wants to see you." I say, starting to leave the room and motioning for her to follow behind me. She sighs, but smiles, and starts crutching after me. We walk down to the wings and see a quiet dance party breaking out during Best Of Wives And Best Of Women. Renèe sees Jas and silent screams and  then hugs her.

"Heyyy! Cephas!" Daveed whisper-says.

"She's alive!" Oak whisper-shouts, and makes zombie-like motions. Chris laughs and hits Oak lightly.

"Stop it. She looks like she just woke up." Chris whispers.

"It's because she did." I whisper, quietly laughing along with them. Pippa comes offstage and silent squeals.

"Jas! You are actually in the wings! Oh my gosh it's been like, five and a half months since you've been down here!" Pip whisper-shouts, seemingly very excited.

"Yeah, Ant made me come down here." She whisper-laughs.

"Hey, in my defense, you were being very antisocial." I whisper. She shoots me a you-are-annoying-but-I-still-love-you look. "Also, Renèe told me to." I add on sheepishly.

"You gave me away!" Renèe whisper-laughs. Then, people's cues start coming so we have to go on. Renèe seems very excited after The World Was Wide Enough. She was talking to Lin in between songs and they both seemed very excited. We finish Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story and start curtain call. We take our last group bow of the night, but the music doesn't stop and the curtain doesn't close. Then everyone in the cast turns towards the stage right wings. The audience does as well. Jas poked her head out from the curtains and waves to everybody. The audience goes crazy and cheers. I laugh and blow her a kiss. A couple minutes of awkward dancing (thanks to Lin and Renèe) later, the curtain closes and we all go offstage. I find Jas and hug her. She kisses me.

"Alright, go get changed and stagedoor so we can go home and sleep. I'm tired." She says. I laugh and nod.

"Are you stagedooring with me?" I ask. She nods.

"I've made an appearance. Now they all know I'm here. Also, Thayne and Groff aren't here so I will attempt to fill the emptiness." She says. "I'm just as good as them." She says, flipping her hair.

"I think you're better." I tell her. She blushes and kisses me.

"Thank you. Now go get changed."

"Alright, alright." I say, defeated. I wink at her and continue to my dressing room. I get changed into my street clothes and hang up my costumes. Then I go back to where Jas was standing. She has her stuff now, but is in the same spot.

"I grabbed my stuff and I see you are ready." She says. She starts crutching towards the stagedooring but is going really slow.

"Hey baby girl?" I ask her.

"Yeah?"

"Why don't you get on my back? I can carry your crutches, but you look really tired." I offer.  She nods. She gets on my back and I grab her crutches. Then we head out the stage door. Almost everyone is out there right now. Tons of people 'awww' when Jas and I come out. The only two cast members not here are Lin and Pippa. (And Thayne and Groff of course) Leslie come up to Jas and I.

"Nice little appearance there, Jas."
He says, high-fiving her. She smiles.

"Thanks Les!" She says. He walks away to sign more playbills and stuff. Lin and Pippa come out soon enough and Lin does his thing where he tells every single person involved with the show good job. Jas and I sign things, take pictures, and talk to fans for a while, but then I notice Jas falling asleep on my shoulder. I finish up with everyone and start towards our car. I put Jasmine in the passengers seat and her crutches in the back. I get in the car and start driving home. By the time we get home, Jas is completely asleep. I carry her crutches inside and set them where she always puts them at night. Then I go back and get Jasmine from the car and start carrying g her inside. My neighbor is taking his trash cans back up. He waves to me.

"She okay?" He asks. He's become our good friend since we moved here.

"Yeah, she fell asleep while stagedooring." I tell him. He chuckles and says goodnight, and goes into his house. I take Jasmine inside because it is getting cold outside. I tuck her into our bed and get into my pajamas before crawling into bed beside her.

---
1149 words-excluding A/N

A/N
Hey sorry this is so late I was babysitting all day today. Anyways, just some Janthony fluff for today, cuz lots of drama and huge things have been happening in this story for quite a while. Also, idek what I was thinking with the whole sneak peek and the beginning of this chapter thing, my little sister was really anxious to help me write and she thought it was funny, after I wrote it and deleted it. So I rewrote it to make her happy. And since she wanted to help me write, I am doing the sister writes my chapter challenge. (If that's even a thing. If it's not, I just made it one) So next week's chapter is being written by my little sister who is eleven. And it is well underway, so it might not be published super late at night. I need to sleep I have rehearsal tomorrow. Goodnight and thanks for reading!!

❤️~K