Park Bo Gum

*Knock! Knock!*

Seems like I've been knocking on her door for eternity. I know its late but that never stopped me before for barging on her apartment.

"SAM! SAM! Open up!" I knocked again.

Then finally I heard the door being opened.

I looked at a very irritated Samantha, my neighbor for 3 years. Scowling at me.

"What are you doing?!"

"I got the job!" I exclaimed.

"Huh?"

"Sam! I got THE JOB!!"

Reality then hit her!

"Oh! God you did?!?" She screamed!

We were both jumping up and down the hallway. Hugging each other.

Then I realized.

"What are you wearing?!" I looked down at a very revealing black satin top and a very very short shorts... I eyed Sam.

"Well..." She cleared her throat.
".... I was about to go to bed." She continued.

I was still eyeing the very low cut top she have on, exposing the top of her plump chest.

*Focus!* I mentally smacked myself.

"Ow!" I yelled. She hit me in the head!

"Eyes on top boy!" She glared at me.

"Well.. you shouldnt have worn that!"

"I didnt know you will be barging in like this."

"Come on. I bought some food. Let's celebrate!"

As I stepped towards the door Sam beat me to it.

"What? You're blocking the door."

"Wait... give me two seconds."

I tried to push her out of the way.

"Come on. I know how messy your place it."

I pulled her off the door but she wouldnt budge.

"Sam?"

"Two seconds ok?" She said then she went in her apartment and closed the door behind her nearly hitting my nose.

10 minutes later the door opened. I stood up from the floor.

"You said two sec...." my words got cut off as I looked at a big guy coming out of her apartment.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"Who are you?!" He said.

Before I could answer him Sam stepped out of her apartment. Wearing one of the shirts I left behind and some pjs.

"I'll call you, ok James?" She said to the big guy.

"Whatever." He them stormed off.

"Come on." She said to me, grabbing my hand and pulling me inside.

"Who was that?" I finally asked her.

"Some guy.. you know."

"No. I wouldnt know. Who was that."

"Come on.. do I have to spell it out to you." She sighed. "You're too young to understand.."

There it is again.. the "you're too young" card.

"I'm not that young. I'm 24."

She smiled at me.

"And I'm 37." She smirked.

I didnt said anything, I'm always pissed when she say it like that. Saying her age and pointing out that I'm too young for her.

I still remember when I asked her out for the first time. She just moved in to the bldg and I've seen her few times. She rejected me flat out. Then I asked her out again. A few times more. She keeps on rejecting me everytime. Keep telling me that I'm too young for her or she's too old for me.
After like 20 or more rejections from her, I've accepted the fact that she wouldnt like me like the way I like her.

I watched her now drinking her beer and taking a big bite on her chicken. I know someday. Somehow. She will like me back.

No matter how old or young we are.

All I need is faith and patience.

She did kicked out a guy for me. So that's a start. I Smiled to myself.