Bae Young Joon

She was a girl in the other room. A thin wall seperating us. So thin that I know when she's home. I can hear her move around her apartment. I know when she's happy. I can sometimes hear her when she cries at night.

Right now she's pissed off.

"YAH! never show your face to me again! Go to hell!!"

I heard a loud crash. Glasses shattering. Without thinking twice I ran out of my apartment and I found myself outside her door. Other tenants started to come out of their homes too.

There was another crash.

I knocked on her door.

Another glass shattering.

I slammed my fist at the door this time.

"Yah! Open up! What's going on there!?" I yelled.

I slammes my fist over and over. Panic taking over. I don't know why.

Without hesitation I kicked the door few times to open it. As soon as the door slammed open I was stunned at  what I saw. A man holding my neighbor by the collar.

Ready to strike.

"YAH!!?!" I ran to him and knocked him on the floor.

I heard her screamed. I don't know what came over me but I grabbed his collar and pulled him up. I punched him so hard that he flew over the coffe table.

"Stop!" She ran over to me and tried to hold on as hard as she could. But he came running, he pushed her hard to the side making her slam at the cabinet.

My blood boiled.

I rammed my body to him and brought him down. I pinned him to the floor and punched his face over and over.

"Stop it! I SAID STOP IT GOD DAMM*T!!"

Other tenants came rushing in and pulled us off from one another. He tried to grab for her but I kicked him.

"Don't you dare!"

He spit some blood and sneered at me.

"What?!? Are you now her knight in shining armor or something?!

"Shut up!" She yelled. "Get the hell out of here. Get the hell out of my life!"

"You wouldn't." He simply said.

She walked to him before I can stop her. She punched him hard.

"Get the hell away from me."

He pulled of his arms from his captors.

"You'll regret this." I pushed his fingers pointing at her face.
He left the room and so did the other tenant. That left me breathing heavily as I tried to calm myself and her who was still shaking. I looked at her, whatever courage she had earlier had dissappeared. Fear written on her face. Tears threatening to fall.

"Are you ok?" I asked softly. She just nod. She sat down the floor and cried.

She caught me surprised.

I kneel down beside her and hesistantly pat her back.

"It's ok... you're safe."

She cried even more.

"Why?! Why do I always end up with jerks like him? Am I cursed?!" She sobbed.

I'm way out of ny comfort zone.

"All they wanna do is hurt me! I'm drained emotionally and mentally! I think I'm going insane!"

"It's ok..."

She caught me off guard when she threw herself at me and held on to me for dear life.

I didn't know what to do. My body tensed.

I can feel her tears and warm breath on my neck.

I thought that was it but she had to crawl up to my lap and settled there while she cry!

"Excuse me...." I softly said as I tried to push her off me lightly. But she didn't move. She even held on tighter!

It didn't help to that she was wearing a very thin night dress.. I can feel everything underneath it!

I cleared my throat but she just wouldn't move!

I sighed in defeat. We stayed in that position for god knows how long. Until I felt her stable breathing.

*She's asleep... Thank god.. I can't feel my legs anymore!*

I shifted her lightly until I was able to carry her in my arms. I placed her gently on her coach and sat down beside her.

I looked at her smudge face, I lighly place a strand of her hair at the back of her ear.

*She look so peaceful.. to think she looked like a banshee earlier...* I sighed.

I was about to stand up when I felt her hand grabbed mine.

"Please stay..." she sleepily said. I tried to pull it, but she held on tighter. Defeated again.

"Araseo..." I sat quietly beside her as I watched her sleep.

Sun came and was already high on the sky when I felt something heavy on top of me. I sleepily tried to open my eyes and was surprised by a massive black hair on my chest. I gently brushed the hair off the face just to see my neighbor sleeping soundly.

I tried to move but was constricted. My body ached all over but just looking at her sleeping face made me feel at peace.

*I'm in big trouble...Bae Young Joon... You're in big trouble..*  My head yelled but my arms didn't listened.

I wrapped my arm around her and went back to sleep.