Seo In-guk

Hi! This story was inspired by one of my favorite song Photograph by Ed Sheeran.

As I strummed my guitar the room went quiet.
Softly words came out from my mouth, melody from my guitar.

"🎶🎵Loving can hurt, loving can hurt sometimes. But it's the only thing that I know
When it gets hard, you know it can get hard sometimes. It is the only thing that makes us feel alive🎶🎵" I sang softly. Memories starting to come back....

"Go to Hell!!" I yelled at him.

"I'm already there!" He took his jacket and started his way to the door.

"Great! Just freakin great! When it gets hard you walk out! Always the same thing!"

He faced me. Eyes filled with anger.

"This is not just hard! This can drive anyone crazy! You drive me crazy! Always nagging and nagging! Don't you ever stop?!"

"You're the one who drives me insane! You irresponsible jerk! When are you gonna grow up! You're as immature you are now as you were when we were teenagers! You drive me to the wall! I can't believe you would do such thing!" I yelled in his face.

"I hate you...." he said in a whisper.

"🎵🎶 We keep this love in a photograph
We made these memories for ourselves
Where our eyes are never closing
Hearts are never broken
And time's forever frozen still🎵🎶"

I strum my guitar, singing with my eyes closed. Forgetting everyone in the room.

"Happy Anniversary Baby...." He whispered in my ear. I smiled and turned around to face him.

"Happy Anniversary..." I said sleepily. He leaned forward to kiss me but I covered my mouth.

"I haven't brushed my teeth yet!"

He laughed. The laugh I love above all.

"Baby we've been together for 3 years. Do you think I care?" He leaned over and kissed me softly. I smiled in the kiss.

He looked at me, brushed few hairs off my faced and he stood up to pick up something.

"Breakfast in bed!" He happily showed me the tray filled with food.

"Baby you shouldn't have." I pulled him down for another kiss.

He placed the tray infront of me and took his phone.

"Picture!"

"What? No way. I looked terrible!"

"Baby.. you look beautiful."

He leaned again for another kiss.

"Ok. Say... Happy Anniversary!"
We smiled for the camera, before it clicked. He leaned to kiss me on the cheek. I laughed.

Picture perfect.

"🎵So you can keep me
Inside the pocket of your ripped jeans
Holding me closer 'til our eyes meet
You won't ever be alone, wait for me to come home
Loving can heal, loving can mend your soul
And it's the only thing that I know, know
I swear it will get easier,
Remember that with every piece of you
Hm, and it's the only thing we take with us when we die🎵"

"I hate you more... " I answered.
He turned around and was about to leave, I grabbed one of the pillows and threw it at him hitting him in the head.

His head swiftly turned and looked at me.

"What the hell are you doing!" He yelled.

I grabbed another pillow and started to hit him.
I hit him over and over.

"I hate you! I hate you!" I screamed at him. He took the pillow from me and threw it across the room. I revert to my hands. I hit him everywhere

"Have you gone insane?!" He grabbed my hands and held them down.

"Stop it! I said stop it!"

"You immature jerk! Selfshi bastard!" I yelled as I fight off his hold. I kicked and bucked. He pinned me down the bed.

Both of us were breathing very hard. Just silently staring each other. He then kissed me hard. He grabbed my head and kissed. I wrapped my arms and legs onto his body.
He moaned. "I'm sorry...." he whispered to my ear. I cried.

"🎶Hm, we keep this love in this photograph
We made these memories for ourselves
Where our eyes are never closing
Hearts were never broken
And time's forever frozen still.
And if you hurt me
That's okay baby, only words bleed
Inside these pages you just hold me
And I won't ever let you go
Wait for me to come home.🎶" My song continued as my memories.

I was sitting by the couch, hearing him from the bedroom packing. I sobbed. I covered my mouth but I cried harder. When he came out. He slowly walked towards me. He placed the key of our apartment on the table.
He left without saying goodbye.

"🎵You can fit me
Inside the necklace you got when you were sixteen.
Next to your heartbeat where I should be
Keep it deep within your soul
And if you hurt me
Well, that's okay baby, only words bleed
Inside these pages you just hold me
And I won't ever let you go
When I'm away, I will remember how you kissed me
Under the lamppost back on Sixth street
Hearing you whisper through the phone,
"Wait for me to come home.🎵"

As I strummed the last few verses of the song, the memories of few years back is as still fresh as the day they happened. I was crying I know..
But I haven't forgotten him, that's why its hard.

I got off the stage as soon as my song has ended and was on my way backstage when I heard him. The voice I longed to hear. The voice of the person I missed so much..

I slowly turned around. Hoping my heart to calmed down, but as soon as I saw him my heart started to beat twice as fast.

He smiled at me. He showed me a picture.
The picture of us in bed, on our anniversary. Laughing.

I started to cry.

"I'm so sorry baby... please forgive me..." His voice broke. I ran to him. I ran as fast as I could. As soon as I reached him, I jumped at him. Wrapped my arms and legs to him.
He buckled a bit, then he laughed.

"Happy Anniversary baby..." He whispered in my ear.