Chapter 18: Would you be my Daddy?

Aiden, Wed Jan 9th 2013

I am woken up by the noise of something breaking and a piercing scream. I barely take the time to put on some boxer briefs before I rush outside of my room. My first thought is that Zach has hurt himself in some way, but I'm relieved to see he's not physically injured.

That's short-lived though, since he seems to be having a mental breakdown. He is shrieking, with his two hands pulling his hair and I have to soothe him for at least fifteen minutes, hugging him tightly and whispering words of encouragement in his ear, before he finally calms down. Fuck! I have never seen him – or anyone for that matter – in such a crazy state!

"I'm going mad..." he replies after I ask him what just happened. "It's like there are two personalities inside my head... One of them is just Thomas' nice little doggy, while the other wants to get back the old me."

This sounds exactly like what my mom had warned me he would probably experience.

Of course, she didn't tell me anything about Zach while she was in the flat, not wanting to be overheard, but as soon as she was back home and me at the club, she called me in my office to give me a full summary of what happened on Saturday night, how she thought he would react in the days after and some advice on how to help him.

She warned me he would feel extremely frustrated and probably throw fits like the one that just occurred. With the exact same explanation he just gave me: the poor boy knows someone messed with his head, but he doesn't know what to do about it when it prevents him from actually doing some simple tasks. Like cooking, I would guess from the mess on the floor.

"I'm not sure the old you still exists, Zach," I tell him, focusing on trying to remember the exact wording my mom used. "He has gone through too much and has been replaced by the one you don't like. You need to build a new Zach you like. It won't be easy and it will take a long time, but that's the only way you will get rid of the doggie, like you call it."

"I'm a bit scared, Daddy!" he replies in a small voice.

I'm glad he skipped calling me like this in front of my mother. She'd have taken the opportunity to psychoanalyze this and find annoying meanings to the little nicknames we use.

"Don't worry, Baby, I got you," I answer him.

The way he suddenly melts in my arms tells me all I need to know about this. It helps him in a way so I won't be the one to stop. I practically carry him to his bed and tuck him in. He seems exhausted and I would rather have him here while I clean the kitchen area.

"I'll be right back, Baby, just rest for a bit," I tell him gently.

It doesn't take me too long to tidy everything he dropped on the floor with a dustpan and a brush. I'll still have to vacuum at some point to get all the small pieces of glass, but I don't want to make too much noise for now. Or I'll send one of the guys on the cleaning crew to do it tomorrow if I'm too lazy. Then I prepare some pancake mix, since it seems it was what Zach was trying to do and fix him a plate with two of those. I put this on a platter, with orange juice, some jam and his medication.

I chuckle when I see the little guy fell asleep while I was doing all that and just drop all of this on his nightstand. He is so cute under the comforter I barely resist the temptation to ruffle his hair, but I wouldn't want to wake him up.

I go back in the kitchen to prepare my breakfast that I eat quickly before I go take a shower and dress for the day. Sadly, I have a whole afternoon of training ahead of me, so I won't be there to take care of my Baby, and I hope he will be alright on his own. Just before leaving, I write him a note reminding him he can call me at any time if he needs it, and that I'll be back for dinner. Alexander won't be happy if I ditch him again, but right now, Zach is more important than my second-in-command.