XVII.

The Feltson Past

The silence of the night and the cold breeze was quite a comfort for them even though the pair both was stuck in this madness

As Emma and Tom reached the top of the Astronomy Tower they settled to lie down at the foor, both eyeing on the dark sky, side by side.

"It's funny, you know." Tom began.

"What's funny?" Emma asked, still eyes glued at the night sky.

"You and me, together, stuck in this crazy world." He chuckled.

Emma inclined her attention to the moon as she chuckled, "Yea'. Of all people, I got stuck with you." There was something in her voice, that caught the blonde's attention.

Tom frowned with that and faced her, "What happened Em?" his face turned serious as he watched the brunette next to him.

"What do you mean Tom?" this time, Emma sat up and gazed her attention to the platinum blonde boy next to her.

"What happened between us?"

It was a risky question. They were now okay. They weren't awkward anymore, and now here he was, asking her this stupid question, making Emma disarrayed, again.

"What do you mean what happened?" The brunette breathed out.

She can't handle him asking this kind of question all of a sudden. It was in the past. How could he ask her? She was okay now, he had moved on too. They're happy now. Why bring up the past?

Tom sighed and sat up, grey eyes stared right across her brown chocolate orbs. He was about to say something then suddenly she cut in, her voice slowly cracking.

"Shouldn't I be the one who'll be asking you that, Tom?"

"We were so young . . ." he began,
"You left me and . . . "

"I just went for a few months Tom." her voice was bitter.

Which made the blonde flinch for a little. Maybe it was a bad idea, opening this kind of topic.

"Yeah you did, for school . . . in the US." He chuckled, "— then you dated this guy —"

"— god! You're bringing this up now, huh?" she said, venom in her voice as she force a smile.

"You chose that prestigious school over me!" Tom said, coldly. "— at first I was okay with it Em! But when I heard the news that you've been dating this guy from your school I —" she didn't let him continue.