XLII.

Dinner with the Redheads

Lily Potter directed Harry and Emma towards the living room where the fireplace was located telling them to wait for her and her husband for a bit before leaving

"I'm just going to get the cake out of the oven," she mentioned as the two teenagers nodded at her.

The muggle actress was fussing over Hermione's Weasley sweater as Harry laughed at her direction, "It's not funny Harry, it's quite itchy." she muttered as the raven haired boy grinned.

"Of course it is, it was Hermione's old one." He chuckled then continued, "You know, it's not really necessary for you to wear that you know, besides, Molly will get you another one by Christmas," he said.

And with that Emma sighed and took of the sweater and tossed it gracefully at the couch — revealing her outfit which was a white long sleeved blouse which she also sported with one of Hermione's dark skinny denim jeans and black knee lenghted boots.

She managed to tame Hermione's bushy and curly hair by using a conditioner which she thankfully spotted on her trunks — making the curls look soft waves cascading her back but she opted to ponytail Hermione's long brunette hair.

"There, you look fine Emma." Harry said as Emma let out a sigh and crossed her arms.

"I'm quite nervous meeting the rest of the Weasleys you know."

Harry just raised a brow at her and smiled, "I'm sure you'll do fine," he said.

"You've got me, Ginny and Ron anyways so you'll be just alright."

The brunette just nodded as Lily Potter walked in, holding a cake box with her.

"Where in the Godric's beard is your father?" She asked exasperatedly. 

Harry just shrugged and hid a chuckle.

Emma however also just smiled and shook her head, "I have no idea." she replied.

With a heavy sigh, Lily Potter began to exclaim, "JAMES POTTER COME RIGHT HERE THIS INSTANT OR SO HELP ME MERLIN WE'RE GONNA BE LATE!" making Harry and Emma jump in their place but laugh nevertheless.

Seconds later, James Potter rushed towards the living room, looking flustered as he looked at his wife sheepishly, "I'm sorry love, I was at the garage working on my broomstick." He began.

"You see, Harry thought it was funny breaking the handle when he accidentaly borrowed it earlier after lunch," he said, eyes darted towards his son, who just chuckled.

Lunch with the Potters and the Marauders were fun for Emma.

Thankfully, James Potter, Sirius Black, Peter Pettigrew and Remus Lupin didn't noticed anything off, and the group chatted along just fine.