XXV.

Theodore Nott

After dinner, Emma made her way inside the Transfiguration Classroom, as she was greeted by a familiar look of Maggie Smith — the brunette sighed as she realized it was Professor McGonaggal looking sternly at her

"Ms. Granger, I do hope you know how disappointed I am earlier." She began.

Emma just simply nodded, clearly not know what to say, the older witch sighed at her, "Just clean up the room, oragnize the textbooks on the shelves, sweep the floor and —"

Professor McGonaggal was cut off by someone who just swung the door open.

"Mr. Nott," began McGonggal in a disapproving voice, "You're late." she said.

Emma turned around, as she caught sight of a male Slytherin walking towards their direction, he had brown hair and brown eyes, and she assumed he's just by her age.

"Sorry Professor, I had a little talk with Professor Snape before I came here." He said.

"Right." said McGonaggal.

"As I was saying, — place the other belonging on the proper places, and do your work without magic. Both of you, Hermione Granger and Theodore Nott." she added, "Understood?"

The Gryffindor and the Slytherin nodded as Professor McGonggal made her way outside the classroom.

Theodore Nott turned his head towards the brunette infront of him and smirked.

"This is a first." He said, rather surprised, "I did not expect know it all Granger to be in detention, well alone specifically." he smirked.

"That makes two of us," Emma thought to herself and sighed.

"Well, you clearly see me here now." She said, arguing to herself if should she be nice to him or not, after all he is a Slytherin so maybe he's one of Malfoy's friends.

Nott smirked, "What did you do Granger?" He asked, rather curiously.

"Why do you want to know, Nott?" asked Emma with a sigh, as she starts to pick up a broom and swept the floor.

Theodore shrugged at her, "It's quite odd really, you were never the type of person to get in detention," he snorted. "Well not in a while now, that is." he muttered.

"I came rather late this afternoon." Emma answered simply.

"You?" she asked.

Theodore Nott furrowed his brows, he did expect Hermione to be in detention alone nor especially just casually talks to him.

The last time she and the Slytherin talked, she threw a hex at him and a slap across his face for what he did to her friend.