XXIX.

Dobby the House Elf

"House-elf?" asked the group, in chorus

"Yes, Dobby, our houself." said Draco.

"Is that even possible?" asked Dan.

The Slytherin just shrugged, "It's worth a try." he said.

Draco cried, "Dobby!" as he snapped his fingers, a habit he does whenever he calls the elf.

Seconds had passed by and Hermione sighed in defeat, there was no house elf that shown up, "I think it won't —"

Hermione was cut off when they heard a popping sound from behind.

"Master Draco! Missus Hermione! You're safe! You're here! In the muggle world! Muggles are in Hogwarts! They look exactly like you! But but . . .you're here —" then he started to cry.

"— Dobby, dobby, shhh, it's alright." hummed Hermione as she knelt down and hugged the house elf.

"Granger loves house elves, but Dobby here is her favorite," muttered Draco at the muggles who were staring at the two with disbelief.

"She even taught him to speak properly," he said, rather proud.

Evanna and Bonnie nodded, Dan, Rupert and Matt were still in shock, mouths opened and eyes widened.

Draco snorted as he took his hand towards their chin and closed their mouths, "You look ridiculous." He said.

As Hermione stood up, as she faced them and smiled, "Guys, I'd like you to meet Dobby, I'm sure you knew him already." she said.

"Dobby's the Malfoys' house elf but he's also permitted to go and visit Hogwarts with his fellow elves whenever he likes, thanks to Draco over there."

Malfoy just smiled, "Yeah, took a lot of convincing from Granger, but it was alright with my parents." He said.

"So, as what Dobby just said he saw your friends roaming around the castle, am I right, Dobby?" asked Hermione.

"Yes, yes Missus 'mione, muggles who looked just like you and Master Draco —"

"— Emma and Tom???" Dan, Rupert, Matt, Evanna and Bonnie asked in chorus.

"Who else would it be?" rolled Draco's eyes, "No, it's Father Christmas." he snorted.

"Fair Question, Malfoy." smirked Dan, "and how did you know Father Christmas anyways? That's a muggle thing." he asked.