XXIV.

Trouble with Maggie Smith aka McGonaggal

Emma was at the library burrying herself with books just as Neville sat down across and flipped open his Herbology text book

"Emma there you are, oh Tom was looking for you earlier at the Great Hall by the way."

"Oh," Emma smiply said as she smiled at Neville.

"I was busy, Divination essay." she said.

"What kind of a professor in the right mind would let her students make a five pages essay in three days." she scoffed as she continued on writing.

Neville sighed, "Well, welcome to Hogwarts." He muttered as went on with his work."

"Wait, Neville," Emma called on.

"Is, lunch done already?" she asked as soon as she got Neville's attention.

"Yeah, for about twenty minutes now actually." he replied.

"And?" started Emma, "Why aren't you in class?"

"Oh, free period. How about you?"

Emma Watson's eyes widened, stood up from her seat and hurriedly got her stuffs, "I am so late." she muttered under her breath.

"What class?" Neville asked her as he furrowed his brows.

"Transfiguration with Ravenclaw. Mcgonaggal will kill me." she replied and dashed away, "See you later Neville!"

"Later, 'mione!" he yelled back, knowing students might hear him calling her from another name.

"Boy," he shook his head, "McGonaggal won't like this."

______________________

"Ms. Granger, now pray tell me why, you are thirty minutes late for my class?" McGonaggal asked as she crossed her arms at stared at her, the whole class was in utter shock seeing Hermione Granger late, for the very first time.

Murmurs and whispers were heard from the Ravenclaw and Gryffindor students.

"Sorry Professor, I was at the library working on my essay and haven't noticed the time." she replied.

"Yes, but the Hermione Granger we know doesn't make that as excuse, am I correct?" Emma just nodded and said, "Sorry, Professor."

"Very well, — but five points will be deducted from Gryffindor for your tardiness Ms. Granger, and oh — meet me after dinner for your detention."