LXVI.

It's Not That Easy

"I'm not going to kill you both," Burke began, a sinister smile forming on his lips, running chills down Emma and Tom's spine

"— yet."

Tom gulped hard with that.

Dying in the hands of a psychotic murderous wizard isn't his ideal death. He pictured himself dying old, his hair grey, and next to the woman he had grew old with. He pictured himself before, dying happily knowing he had accomplished anything and everything he ever wanted.

Not like this.

"Perhaps you two are wondering why I wanted you both hostage until the Malfoy kid comes and rescue you," he carried on.

Emma's eyes shot open as soon as she heard him talking about Draco, Tom on the other hand answered him, "What do you want with Draco?"

Burke snapped his neck towards him and cackled, "Because I want Lucius Malfoy to pay."

"What? Why?!" Tom asked.

Emma's eyes widened with that and prayed silently to shut him up before letting himself killed, but the heavens haven't heard her since Tom carried on, "What do you mean?"

"And this is where my story comes in —" Burke replied, "You see my life years back was incredibly fine. You know, killing filthy muggles, erasing their existence into this world —"

"—Why? Why do you that? Why do you kill innocent people?" Emma asked making Tom flinch.

She was suppose to just keep quiet. Tom's eyes widened when Burke slowly turned his head towards her, "Because Missy, muggles are worthless. They are useless in this world, they aren't nothing like us. They should be gone in the flesh! My aunt and my father had started this, and I am willing to finish their jobs. " he spat making Tom and Emma flinch.

Emma's eyes squinted with his words and faced Tom, both sharing the same thoughts. Burke haven't suspected them as muggles, yet.

And it should be kept that way in order for them to stay alive. "— I was minding my own business. Not until Lucius Malfoy stepped in. The famous Head Auror. He discovered my hideout and ordered the others to ambush me, my father and aunt. They were killed in the process. The Aurors killed them! I was about to escape, but He captured me. He ruined me."

"Months later when I was locked up in Azkaban, I heard a devastating news about my wife had died due to depression, little did they know that she was carrying my child. She got depressed right after I was locked up. Lucius Malfoy destroyed my family. He destroyed me! — and now that his only heir will be coming, I will finish him! Then, I'll continue on my life in killing pathetic non magical folks including mudbloods."