Sex Error (Jensen)

You picked up the plates and eating utensils from the table and took them into the kitchen to place into the dishwasher. While your daily cleaning rituals went on, Jensen put your five year old daughter to sleep.

"Goodnight princess," Jensen smiled and kissed your daughter on her forehead after tucking her into bed. Right before her father exited the room she called out, "Daddy! You didn't tell me a story..."

Jensen nodded, not wanting to forget his everyday routine. He pulled one of the bean bags in the room and sat beside your daughter's bed. He began to think then got an idea.

"Let me tell you about something that really happened," He suggested, "Would you like that instead of a story, for a change?"

She looked at him happily and clapped, "Yes! What are you going to tell me about?" Jensen grinned and pinched your daughter's nose, "This is about you." She giggled.

"What's going on here?" You entered the bedroom and looked at your husband and daughter with curiousity. "I'm telling her about a past event, the one about her gender," Jensen explained and you nodded, knowingly.

You sat by your daughter's feet on the bed and listened to Jensen explain the story. You loved his storytelling skills.

"Alright so [y/d/n], it starts off way before you were born. You know how babies grow right?" He asked and your daughter nodded enthusiastically.

"I was in mommy's tummy and I was very tiny and I grew bigger and bigger, and mommy's tummy grew bigger also like a balloon!" She said and laughed. You smiled at her and glanced at Jensen, who looked happy.

"Then mommy went to the hospital and-"

"Wait!" Jensen exclaimed and out his hand out, which startled your daughter, "You're going too fast! So before you were born and you were inside mommy's tummy for six long months, growing and eating and having fun, we went to the doctor to see you on the screen with that special camera I told you about."

"Umm... Extrasound?" Your daughter said and you giggled. "No baby, it's called ultrasound," You clarified and she looked at you with realisation.

"Okay so mommy and I went to see you on the ultrasound and the doctor told us that we were having a baby boy!" Jensen said and furrowed his eyebrows, "That's not right huh?"

"No! I'm a girl!" Your daughter said and laughed, "What happened next daddy?" Jensen looked at you, excitement on his face.

"Well mommy and I were pretty happy with a boy, we're happy with a boy or a girl," He continued, "So we told everyone we know that we were going to have a son and they were excited."

"We started to buy clothes, furniture and toys for our special baby so that 'he' could have the best time ever," You shared some of the story too, "That's why some of your baby clothes were blue. Thankfully we got everything which was either black or white or multicoloured."

"Then it was time to go to the hospital because our baby was going to be born!" Jensen said and your daughter was completely indulged in the story, "Mommy was in so much pain and she was very tired but we both became so happy to see our beautiful... Girl?! WHAT?!"

Jensen made the funniest confused and shocked expression and your daughter started laughing. You chuckled too, while imagining the surprise you had on your face that day in the hospital.

"The doctor gave you to your mother and said that our baby girl is very healthy," Jensen said, "But we looked at him with confusion. Weren't we supposed to have a son?"

"The doctor made a mistake!" Your daughter said and grinned. "We told the doctor about the misunderstanding and he said it happens sometimes because that special camera isn't that advanced at times. Sometimes the babies position doesn't make it clear so that's why they thought you were a boy but you became our pretty princess," You said and tickled her feet. She giggled and begged your to stop.

"And that's how the story ends," Your husband said and held his hands together. Your daughter frowned, wanting more of the story.

"To continue the story for a bit, we held a party to celebrate our child coming into the world but we didn't tell anyone about the error of you being a girl than a boy," You added on and Jensen laughed, rubbing his eyes.

"The faces people had when they saw all the pink balloons and banners. It was so funny [y/d/n]!" Jensen chuckled, "But they were equally happy to meet a girl than a boy."

Your daughter laughed then cuddled up with her blanket, "That's a funny story daddy." She yawned and you got up, knowing that she was close to falling asleep.

"Alright, goodnight son," Jensen said and your daughter hit her daddy's arm playfully. "Daddy! I'm a girl!" She said and Jensen kissed her head.

"I'm just kidding!" He said, "Goodnight sweetheart. Sweet dreams." Jensen followed you out of the room and you left it slightly open.

"That was an adventurous time... Can't believe it was five years ago," You said and placed your hands on your hips. He kissed your cheek and wrapped an arm around your waist.

"I hope that adventure doesn't take place this time round," Jensen said and placed his hand on your stomach. You widened your eyes, suddenly feeling this sense of loss of trust but you shrugged it off.

"Now think of a way to tell our princess about her status of being a sibling!"