'Mireya', It Means 'Miracle' (Jensen)

Jensen Ackles, a guest at one of the Supernatural conventions, describes a story to the audience that changed his life...

"I know we're not supposed to talk about personal stuff at these conventions but it answers your question, 'what was the worst and best day of my life?'. This one happens to be both," Jensen explained then took a deep breath.

4 years ago

You were rushed to the hospital after your water broke. Your husband was by your side for everything. Thankfully, he had been on a break after shooting the latest scene of supernatural.

You were in the most intense pain, completely exhausted and wanting your life to end. But he kept motivating you. Him being on your side made you want to continue living, as cliché as it may sound.

And before you knew it, your baby girl had been brought into the world, after much misery and hard work. You were sweaty and tired, the pain still felt through your entire body.

"You did it sweetheart, we're finally parents," Jensen said then kissed your head, constantly holding your hand. You shut your eyes for a few moments, to take everything in.

"Jen, our lives have changed now. It's... Not just you and me alone," You said breathlessly and he smiled but then it disappeared. Jensen furrowed his eyebrows, feeling odd.

"Something's not right, aren't babies supposed to-"

He looked at the doctor who was checking your daughter. There was whispering, nurses rushing towards the doctor and a commotion stated to erupt.

They checked her with machines and medical equipment. "W-What's wrong with our daughter? What's... going on?!" You asked, sitting up but wincing in pain, "Baby, what's happening?"

Jensen walked up to the doctor's but one of the nurses asked him to stay back, "I want to see my daughter, let me-"

"I'm sorry Mr. Ackles, I'd advise you to stay back while the doctor's-"

"At least tell me what's going on!" Jensen exclaimed, hands trembling with fear and anger.

You saw the nurse mumble something quietly to your husband, she glanced at you  while informing Jensen about something.

He froze, standing there without saying a word while the doctors rushed out with your daughter. "J-Jensen tell me what's wrong?" You demanded and he ran a hand through his hair. You saw his eyes, they were full of tears.

"Jensen, why-"

"She's gone okay?! She's freaking GONE ALRIGHT!" He yelled and your swallowed hard, terrified at his tone. He noticed that you became uncomfortable then took a deep breath, letting the tears flow down his cheeks.

You burst into tears, he was telling the truth, "Jen n-no, you're not... What happened to her?!" You started breathing heavily, on the verge of having a panic attack.

"Hey hey, sweetheart take a deep breath," Jensen rushed to you to comfort you. You usually have panic attacks. He held your hand and kissed the top. Once you calmed down he said, "Her heart wasn't beating when she came out. She was supposed to be crying too but..."

He stopped talking and you cried out loud. Jensen sat on a chair next to you, and resting his forehead on the hospital bed. You felt him trembling... Or maybe it was just you.

"I want her back Jensen, I want... I want her with us," You sobbed and he didn't reply.

The door of the room swung open, the doctor standing there, "Mr. Ackles, please come with me." He seemed concerned but calm.

"I'll be back hun, okay?" He asked and you nodded, shutting your eyes and laying your head back, feeling the crappiest you ever have in your life.

It was silent for five minutes then you heard the door swung open. "Jen-"

WAAAAAHHHHH!

You started crying again, you didn't have to open your eyes to know what that sound meant.

"[y/n] she's... She's here with us," Jensen said hoarsely and you opened your eyes, only to find your vision being blurred by tears.

You wiped your eyes, watching as Jensen walked to you slowly with your daughter in his arms. He sat beside you and lowered your daughter. You finally got to see her and you were in complete awe.

"She's beautiful Jensen," You said with a smile as he gave her to you. "Hi baby," you said and planted a kiss on her forehead, "What happened to her?"

You looked to the doctor, who came towards both of you, "Her heart stopped beating but putting her through a few machines to check her well being, miraculously her heart started up and she burst into crying. In short, she's completely fine and she's a healthy baby so congratulations on your daughter!"

Jensen stood up and thanked him, and the two men conversed for a little bit. After the doctor left the room, Jensen sat on the chair close to the bed and looked his daughter, completely in love.

"She's got magical powers, gave us such a scare," Jensen smiled slightly and you chuckled, "I'm so glad she's okay."

"You know, I just thought of the perfect name for her," Jensen said with a grin, "'Mireya', it's a Spanish name and it means 'Miracle', because this little angel was determined to be with us."

You smiled widely, loving the name, "Mireya Ackles, it's perfect."

Jensen wiped his eyes after finishing the story. The audience was completely silent, not daring to speak at all.

"So that's my worst and best day ever, when I finally met my beautiful baby girl for the first time," He said and smiled, "Alright, guys anymore questions?"