250) Surrealism (Dean)

The light shines through the crack in the window curtains, making the room feel cosy and warm. Dean's feet poke out of the quilt, the cool atmosphere made chills run down his spine.

He turns his head slightly, his muscles stiff from laying in the same position all night long, and watches [y/n] sleep peacefully, with her arm stretched across his chest while he has his around her protectively.

He takes a deep breath then places his hand on top of hers, holding it lightly. Dean immediately regrets the action as [y/n] moves a little, threatening to wake up.

"Mmhh, Dean?" She mumbles hoarsely and Dean shuts his eyes in sadness. He feels guilty for disturbing her peaceful slumber.

"Shhh go back to sleep sweetheart, I'm sorry," Dean whispers and plants a kiss on her head. [y/n] smiles softly and hugs onto her husband much more tightly.

WAAAAAHHHHHH!

Her eyes snap open while Dean groans a little. Their baby girl continues to cry out for her mom and dad, hoping that they would come and save her from being lonely.

"I'm sorry honey," Dean says then gets up from the bed, making [y/n] grumble. Dean walks to the nursery and smiled widely when he sees his six month old baby girl wide awake, tears in her eyes and legs kicking for her savior.

"Hi sweetie! How was your sleep huh?" Dean picks her up and kisses her nose. She laughs and stops crying, smiling while trying to put her hands on daddy's face.

Dean walks to your shared bedroom, watching as you step out of bed and stretch your arms. You look to him and smile widely, hurrying and giving your daughter a kiss on her cheek. Dean gives you a kiss too, he never misses a chance.

The three of you make your way to the kitchen, you put on a cup of coffee and Dean places your daughter in her high chair, beside the kitchen island. He sits on a stool, observing you making breakfast.

"What are you looking at?" You ask with a smile creeping on your lips. He continues to watch you in awe, "Nothing... I just wonder how you look so good first thing in the morning."

You laugh, a sound that Dean loves to here. "I think you really need that's cup of coffee. I'll make it extra strong so that your vision clears up," You comment and he shrugs his shoulders.

Upon not receiving anything to eat for breakfast, your baby girl resorts to sucking on her fist. Dean continues to stop her from doing that, giving up in the end which makes her laugh.

"Somebody's really cheery today morning!" You walk over to your daughter and place a bowl of chopped banana in front of her that she immediately attack a with her fingers.

"She loves to eat, like her daddy," Dean says softly and you smile, "I can't wait until we can give her pie and cheeseburgers!"

You slap his arm playfully and he laughs. "She's going to be healthy, take on a little bit of her uncle Sam okay?!" You say and sip on your hot tea. Dean grabs his cup of coffee and slurps it.

"Well... we'll see," Dean says while watchi g his daughter, banana mashed all over her lips and cheeks, "We can't FORCE her to have healthy."

You chuckle and clean your daughter's face with her eating bib. "Dean..." You call, "Dean?"

"Yeah?"

"Dean."

"Yes." He looks up to you.

"Dean... Dean... Dean... Dean... De-"

He woke up with a jolt, his body sweating lightly while his chest heaving as if he had just come back from a hunt. He looked around his dark bedroom, confused at the sudden shift in setting.

It was a dream... He dreamt all of that. It felt so real, he could have sworn that it was.

Dean lay back down, cuddling with his quilt and reaching out to you to spoon-

"[y/n]..." He mumbled then looked to your side, "[y/n]?"

You weren't laying beside him. No one was in his room other than himself.

And the realisation hit Dean.

You've been dead for a month, killed on a hunt and given the Hunter's funeral. You could never be laying beside him.

Dean turned to lie down on his side, looking at the floor and sobbing quietly. He missed you so much and he wished that you could be right next to him, humming his favourite song softly into his ear to help him fall asleep.

But he could only dream of something like that.