Tummy Trouble (Faith x Jared Pt. 1)

This imagine was requested by RuthTozier.
I can't apologize enough for such a long ass delay with this imagine. I was so busy at that moment when you had requested it and your PM just flew over my head.
Looking through my messages again, I saw it and had to finally write it up, giving myself so much hate.
So so sorry for the huge wait... 😔

_________________

You heard a loud groan, followed by an even more amplified sneeze, making you sigh. "I'm coming sweetheart, just a minute," You called out and walked to your bedroom with a cough syrup bottle and spoon in your hand.

You saw your husband buried under the quilt with only his head popping out, and watching TV while your three year old son was sleeping right next to him, cuddled under the quilt.

"Here, medicine to make you feel better," You said with a smile and poured a tablespoon of the syrup and hovered it over his mouth. Jared opened it slightly but shut it immediately. You looked at him with confusion.

"Isn't this for kids?" He questioned and you raised a brow at him. "No, I checked," You replied but he still looked at you with eyes squinted.

"Are you sure it'll be enough for me, the dosage?" He asked and you rolled your eyes. "Oh lord, Jared just take the medicine and have faith in me," You blurted out and he chuckled.

"What?" You looked at him with your eyebrows furrowed. "Pun alert... You said your name but you meant to have trust in you," He explained like a child and you shook your head with a slight smile.

After he obediently took the medication, you walked back to the kitchen to continue preparing lunch worthy for your boys to eat while being sick.

They both caught the flu two days ago and are right in the middle of it, hit hard. Your son had it first then it may have passed on to his father.

You were thankful that you were fine. There had to be someone to take care of your family.

*****

You slowly poured the chicken noodle soup into one big bowl from the pot ten sprinkled some salt and pepper and soy sauce, stirring it all together. You placed the bowl on a tray along with a few soup sticks that your son loves to gnaw-

WAAAAAHHHHH!

You rushed to the bedroom, without the tray, and saw that your son was crying and rubbing his tummy. Your husband picked him up and started to comfort him, asking him what's wrong.

He complained about a stomach ache and you frowned. You hated seeing your son in pain. Adults can bear feeling crappy and feeling pain but children are so fragile and young.

You rushed to your pantry and searched for a medicinal remedy to help your son. You finally found something then grabbed a bar of chocolate to help cheer-

Silence. The whole house fell quiet, your son's crying suddenly stopped. "Honey?" You asked but there was no reply. You grew worried, hastening towards the bedroom to find that your boys were in the washroom.

"He threw up, that's why his stomach was hurting," Jared informed you as he took your son's shirt off while your son washed his face.

You sulked, helping your husband by getting some fresh clothes for your baby boy. "Does he have a fever?" You asked and Jared touched his forehead to see if it was hot. He shook his head and you nodded, turning to your son and asking, "Sweetheart, do you want to have a bubble bath?"

He smiled widely, excitement blooming on his face. You grinned, glad that he was feeling better than before.

Jared prepared the bubble bath while you went and got your son's bath toys. You dumped them inside the tub after it had got filled and it was super foamy. Jared helped [y/s/n] into the tub then walked out of the washroom.

While hearing you son giggling and playing in the tub, you sat next to Jared on the bed and hugged his arm.

You kissed him on the cheek, noticing that he was starting to heat up. "I don't want you to get-"

"Are you feeling cold? Any body pain?" You asked him and he held his back, "You've got a high temperature."

You got up but Jared held your arm and pulled you back, a little hard, and you fell on the bed, and on top of him.

"Jared!" You yelled slightly, scared from the sudden impact. He held the side of your face, "Just relax for a while, stop worrying about us. We'll be fine okay?"

You sighed then kissed his forehead, "Okay let me just get some lotion."

"Why?"

"So that your back feels better."