Halos Aren't For Humans (Gabriel)

This was requested by Almighty_Archangel, enjoy!

~  ~  ~  ~  ~

You scribbled into your diary blankly. It wasn't a classic diary, it was filled with doodles and random words that you would not down whenever you were deep in thought. If someone were to look inside they wouldn't be able to figure out what it all means.

You were contemplating about your best friend Gabriel. He's the closest to you from everyone in your life. A couple of weeks ago you realised that you had feelings for him. You wanted him to know so bad but you feared rejection. You didn't want your friendship with him to be ruined or awkward.

But more than that... you realised that a relationship would probably not be possible with him. It's not that he wouldn't make a good boyfriend, you just... he isn't capable of feelings.

Being an Angel limits your humanistic interactions.

But you don't blame him and neither do you wish anymore that something would happen.

You both have had your moments together in the past where you were sure that something would fire up between the two of you. However, nothing occurred. Plus, he's implicitly mentioned on occasions that he wasn't into the whole 'relationship deal'.

But little did you know that he would say things like that just to make you feel that you weren't being neglected... and that he could feel better about the lack of feelings inside him.

You sighed, shutting the diary in front of you and placing it back inside your backpack. You got up from your seat and went over to your bed, collapsing onto your back and staring at the motel room ceiling.

Even though you constantly pushed the thoughts out of your head, they kept swarming back, haunting you in fact. 

You were staying at a motel right now in Salt Lake City, Utah, hopping from state to state and touring the country. You enjoyed it, no doubt, but... you missed being around your friends, especially Gabriel.

No.

You couldn't take it anymore.

Being away from your best friend hurt you so much, it was unfathomable. You admired him, he was your role model for life and how to deal with it in the best way possible and now... he's farther away from you than you would ever hope for.

You decided that you were going to go back and meet him. You had to, it was an itch that you had scratch.

You had to see him once again. Seven months away from him has been too long.

*****

You palms continued to sweat as you gripped the steering wheel. You drove at a constant high speed down the empty freeway, with no other vehicles in sight.

You were on the verge of zoning out, staring at the endless gravel and the dividing line in the middle of the road. You had to constantly remind yourself that you were driving and that you wanted to make it alive.

You were unsure about what to anticipate Gabriel's reaction to be. You could imagine a hint of disconnect, maybe a slight feeling of relief of seeing you once more.