Cooking Fast and Fresh! (Misha)

Dedicated to Afternoon_Dreamer for being one of the lovers of my imagines and just for being super sweet! 😍💕

____________________

[y/s/n] waited with his class teacher, swinging his legs while he sat on a bench in the school hallway. Previously, he was day dreaming about playing with his train set and having a fire breathing Dragon threaten the lives of innocent travellers but now, he was just tired of sitting alone with none of his friends beside him.

And he didn't want to stay after school waiting for his daddy to pick him up, on a weekend.

"Where's your father gone [y/s/n]?" Mrs. Haffer attempted to make conversation with the first grader but all he did was shrug his shoulders. He didn't have an accurate answer to give his teacher.

A man barged through the school campus doors and looked around as he walked down the long hallway. He looked into the classrooms, breathlessly as if he had run all the way here.

[y/s/n] got up from his seat and looked at the class display boards, feeling proud that his artwork was out up for the whole school to see.

He heard footsteps and looked to its direction, running towards the tall man that walked his way.

"Daddy!" He squealed with happiness, excited to go home for the weekend FINALLY. "Hey sport!" Misha bent down and kissed his head, returning the leg-hug his son was giving him.

He walked ahead towards his sons teacher and ran a hand through his hair, "I'm sorry about being late, [y/n] got ill all of a sudden and I was taking care of her-"

"No problem Mr Collins!" She said, "Give my regards to [y/n] and have a lovely weekend." She smiled and Misha said goodbye, walking to the exit with his son running straight ahead of him.

"So how are you doing?"Misha smiled widely, helping your son with his seat belt after he sat in the car. "Daddy why did you say that mommy is sick?" He asked and Misha sighed.

"Mommy's not well, she has a fever and she threw up. She's sleeping right now," He explained to his son and the boy frowned. "Mommy's alone at home?" He questioned and his father nodded.

"But before we go home," He sat in the driver seat and put on his seat belt, "We need to stop at the supermarket. We'll surprise mommy!"

*****

[y/s/n] pushed the trolley through the various aisles in the store while his father contemplated about what to cook for the surprise dinner.

"I think I'll make stuffed quail with some garlic breadsticks and mash and gravy," He said to himself, scamming the rows of ingredients, "And the garden salad with feta."

He smiled, finally settling on an idea, knowing that you love fancy cuisine and dishes... and that you love your greens just as much as your meats.

"Okay [y/s/n], wheel her to the vegetables!" Misha ordered as if he were a captain of a ship. His son giggled and pushed the trolley full speed ahead.