'Been Torn From Life' (Misha)

🎶: 'Small Bump' by Ed Sheeran
😭😭😭

___________________

The car ride home was extremely awkward and tense. If you weren't feeling the aame way he was, you would have wanted to jump out of the car.

You glanced at him, he bit his lip to stop himself from tearing up, and looked out the window, with a knuckles-turn-white grip on the steering wheel. You really wanted to comfort him but you didn't know how to. You felt like crap yourself, how are you supposed to help anyone?

He parked the car in the garage then abruptly turned the car ignition off. You swallowed hard after he suddenly got put of the car, without saying a word, and slammed the door. You winced at the noise, your eyes glistening with tears.

You wiped your eyes as you entered the house, placing your bag on the counter then taking your shoes off. You watched him take out the one bottle of whisky you owned and poured himself a glass. You both don't drink alcohol usually, maybe a beer or two, but you had the strong stuff for those times when you wanted to get drunk and leave the world behind.

He gulped down the glass then refilled it. You watched his every moment, consumed with disbelief. The worst you could think of was a drunk husband completely out of his wits, especially not at a time like this.

"Misha... Stop that," You mumbled, your throat feeling hoarse from speaking after a while. He leaned on the counter, hands clenched into fists. "Give me a moment sweetheart, p-please," He said shakily. You would have been frightened by him, due to the way he was looking at you and standing but his tone was just... Of melancholy and disappointment.

You walked to the counter and grabbed the whisky bottle, putting it back in its place, then kissed Misha on the cheek. "Don't stay by yourself too long okay?" You said softly, caressing his cheek.

He looked up to you, eyes moistened, and it broke your heart. "O-Okay..." He said, almost inaudible.

You climbed upstairs, stripping down to your underwear and not bothering to put anything on. You didn't care, it was just you and Misha in the house.

You fell onto the bed and cried into your pillow after covering yourself with the quilt. You've never felt this heartbroken in your life. It's literally taking everything away from you.

Everything was going perfect, or at least fine... But then this happened and it all spiraled into complete sorrow.

December 7th. You found out you were pregnant with your first child and you were beyond happy and excited. It had been three years with you and Misha being a couple, and a child was something you both always wanted... And it was finally happening.

But to crush that dream into incomprehensible fragments, you had a miscarriage, and it was completely unexpected.

You reached the 4 and a half month mark last week, when you started to have severe pains and discomfort, which wasn't normal at all. You grew on to have a high fever and eventually you and Misha thought it was best to consult a doctor.

You went through and completed many tests and the result concluded that your baby was gone. You both didn't believe it at first but after seeing the test results, it left you speechless. You never thought it would happen to you.

And this is the tragic news you just got today before driving back home from the doctor.

*****

3 hours later...

You didn't realise it but you had fallen asleep, your face stiff from the dried up flow of tears. You rubbed your face then put on a cardigan, then walked down stairs slowly.