When Worlds Collide... (TFW)

This was requested by -DREAMCATCHERR
Thanks for the contribution!

~  ~  ~  ~  ~

Castiel squinted at Dean as he continued to make you laugh at the most amusing of things. It was his way to win your over and Castiel hated it to the depths of the earth.

He clenched his hand into a fist, causing the beer can in front of him to crush simultaneously. He could surely so something more than wish you were his from being at a distance... He had powers of a mighty force, he was godstiel for crying out loud, with the souls of countless creatures from purgatory inside him.

If Dean truly got on his nerves, he could just snap his fingers and erase him from existence-

"Hi [y/n]," Sam entered the library of the bunker with a smirk, "Dean." Sam walked over to the bookshelf to place the book in his hands back in its proper place, all while keeping an eye on [y/n].

Castiel furrowed his eyebrows, now watching Sam with the same bitterness and annoyance he was feeling towards Dean only moments earlier.

And just like with Dean, he could remove Sam from the realm of the living but... it wasn't as simple as it seems.

The thing is that Dean isn't just 'Dean'. He's got powers too, he's part demon and he's ready to unleash all he can onto Castiel and Sam.

And the same goes for Sam... he doesn't have a soul, causing him to show no inhibitions towards whatever he does or chooses.

But clearly, Castiel is the most powerful of the three. Although, for some odd reason the Winchesters have powers that closely match those of Castiel's, which makes it all the more tough for the Angel-god to get what he wants: You.

Castiel sighed. He stood up slowly, causing Sam and Dean to turn back to him with slight caution.

The Winchesters shrugged off the feeling then returned their attention back to you. But they weren't off the hook just yet...

"Sam, Dean... Did you know that last week I took [y/n] to this place called 'Smoothy Groovie'?" Castiel suddenly questioned, inserting himself into whatever the Winchesters were talking about.

Castiel started walking towards them, inserting his hands into his trench coat pockets and grinning lightly. "It's this place that has the '60s vibe', right [y/n]?" Castiel directed at you and you nodded your head with an eyebrow raised and a smile on your lips.

"Yeah! It's a great place, the food is yummy but the smoothies are even better. They've got every flavour imaginable," You answered, oblivious to the fact that a rivalry was brewing up between the three boys in the room.

Once no one responded further, you eyed each of them with utter confusion.

"Ha, well..." Dean scoffed then crossed his arms and took a step towards Castiel, "Tell him where I took you two days ago, [y/n/n]." Dean blinked for a moment, his eyes turning glossy, coal black then going back to normal. Only Castiel had the privilege to witness that.

"Uh... I mean we hiked and swam in a lake we found, which was super fun!" You answered, "But we first went diner-hopping and tried out pies at each of them. It was so tasty... well, the good flavours at least!"

Dean smirked and Castiel squinted his eyes with disgust. "And how was swimming in the lake?" Dean further asked and you pursed your lips.

"It was lovely," You responded, "I had to take my clothes off because I didn't have an extra set, which kind of sucked. BUT it was fun!"

Dean chuckled, clearly challenging Castiel and telling him to back off, but Castiel wouldn't accept defeat that easily.

"Dean, stop-" Castiel began his retaliation but Sam intervened with his contribution to the conversation.

"Please!" He rolled his eyes and stepped ahead, "Going places is fun, I agree but isn't something you can have forever even better?!"

You placed your hands on your hips and huffed. You finally realised what was going on, and how this fight to win you over was going to carry on until you choose one of them.

"I got [y/n] something she has always wanted," Sam said and looked to you with a smug smile.

You sighed, "An Angel blade."

Dean and Castiel glanced at each other with slight fury. You scoffed as you looked at each of them one by one. You couldn't believe what you were witnessing.

"Wow," You mumbled and Sam smiled with pride.

"Yes I know, an Angel Blade as a gift is-"

You pushed him aside and stepped ahead. "No, not that," You rolled your eyes and sighed, "What's gotten into the three of you?!"

You began to yell at them, tears stinging your eyes. Dean tried to calm you down by intervening but it only made you feel worse.

"I don't want to be around people wh-wh-who act like this! WHAT THE HELL GUYS, SERIOUSLY?" You groaned loudly in frustration. You walked towards the stairs that lead to the Bunker door and sat on the third step.

"You were a-actually going to kill each other?" You questioned with disbelief and disappointment.

"Please [y/n] we wouldn't actually..." Dean started nervously.

"Logically speaking, not at all-" Sam continued and ran a hand through his hair.

"I would kill them... and it would just take a snap of my fingers," Castiel intervened and glared at the Winchesters.

Dean clenched his jaw and sighs with exasperation while Sam turned around and widened his eyes at Castiel.

You scoffed then buried your face in the palm of your hands. "What have I done to deserve this?" You broke into tears, "I love all of you... I just w-want us to be h-happy."

They crowded around you, with Dean sitting on your side and slinging an arm around your shoulders. Sam leaned against the stairs railing, frowning slightly. But with a surprise, Castiel was the one who spoke up. After a long time of waiting, ever since he got this new-found godly power, he showed a a great amount of sympathy and humanism.

"Confessing is a sign of vulnerability, and given the being I am, I am not one to confess but..." His eyes trailed to the floor then back to you, "I wouldn't really kill these humans, they mean a lot to you... which in-turn makes them mean a lot to me because [y/n], you are very important to me. You are important to all three of us and today it has been made very clear... that I am amidst two worthy competitors."

Castiel squinted his eyes at each of the Winchesters then broke into a soft smile on his lips.

"Yeah and through his rambling, whatever I got was true," Dean expressed, "We do care about you a lot, even though we could kill each other and I would be the last one standing."

Sam furrowed his eyebrows. "Excuse me?!" He blurted out, "All you can do is turn your eyes black!"

Dean stood up suddenly and stormed over to Sam. "You want to try that theory out HUH?!" Dean exclaimed and you shook your head, with a slight smile.

As the brothers took their argument to the side of the room, Castiel sat beside you. You rested your head on his shoulder and he smiled, feeling content for the first time in a long while.