"Don't Judge A Book By The Review" (Jack)

You tried your best, you avoided every one of them whenever you had to. From every motel to every town, all your were doing was running from the ones that wanted you dead.

And it was all because of Jack Kline.

You cleaned up the dishes you used for dinner then changed your clothes, wearing some pajamas. You made sure that your blade, which you stole from one of your attackers, was placed on the bed side table.

You lay in bed, thinking about your mom... and your dad, and how you miss them. How your mom would tell you constantly that you are worthy to be in this world, tat you are capable of doing great things. How your dad kept you safe after your mom died, until they killed him too and you fled just in time.

You just wish you could be normal. You're pretty far from it.

You started thinking about Jack and you clenched your fists. Everything was going fine but once he showed up in the world, every single Angel out there was after him and made it their mission to finish off Nephilims on a whole.

You didn't ask to be a Nephilim, you wish you could be normal. Your mother was Angel while your father was a human. They loved you with all their heart, never making you feel like you're any different. They told you stories about Heaven and your mom told you about stories of her Father. Dad told you about riding your bike and making Lego models.

The best of both worlds.

The Angels are after Jack since he is the son of Lucifer but they decided why not just remove these... "abominations", every single one of them completely off the face of the earth?

And so they set out to do just that and it's how you're stuck travelling from motel to motel every two weeks, praying that you'd be safe from whoever-

THUD! THUD!

You sat up, heart thumping rapidly as the loud banging on your room door. You grabbed your Angel blade and cautiously walked to the door, taking a deep breath before opening it.

"Hey [y/n]! I got you some jerky and donuts, your favourite!" Brandon, your neighbour at the motel said and you were so glad you had control over your reflexes, and didn't swing the blade.

You hid it behind your back and smiled, "Thanks! Um, I would call you in but..." You looked to your clothes, pajamas weren't that appropriate to wear in front of guests.

"That's okay, I just wanted to drop these off as a thank you," He said and gave you the food items, "I had a great time at the arcade yesterday. The most fun in a long time."

You smiled softly and nodded, "Me too! And thanks for these." He ran a hand through his hair, "So could we do something together tomorrow?"

You bit your lip then frowned. Your two weeks at this motel were up, You had to go on to another one in another town.

"Brandon, I'm sorry but I'm checking out tomorrow," You told him sadly, "I'll take your number and we could keep in touch though."

He agreed and walked over to your bedside table and pu the food down, and the blade under your pillow when he wasn't looking.

You gave him your phone and he typed in his contact. "So I'll see you around then huh?" He said and you smiled widely. You said goodbye then shut the door, laying down on your bed and shutting your eyes so you could alert and fresh in the morning tomorrow.

Tomorrow to carry on like just another day of running away.

*****

You pulled up into a gas station and entered the small store, to restock on food and basic human supplies. You got around with credit card scams, your dad had a lot of money saved up too. You just learnt the skills to survive, even if it is unethical.