"Agent Collins, FBI" (Misha AU)

You grimaced after taking a sip of your cup of coffee, it was too bitter for your taste. You added half a teaspoon of sugar then mixed the liquid till you thought it blended well.

You walked back to your desk, placing the cup on your coaster then sitting down and looking at your file notes. The case you had currently was something quite baffling.

It was the suicide of a teenage boy in his dorm room at college, a gunshot to the head. Though you were convinced that it was he was a murder victim, you had some evidence to back up your theory but it needed something more to make it believable enough.

"[y/n], SAC Jonas wants to meet with you about the case," Ryan told you and you nodded, getting up from your seat and taking your cup of coffee with you towards the SAC's office.

You knocked on the door then entered a moment later, smiling at SAC Jonas then-

You clenched your jaw, you watched the man sitting in front of the desk who looked back to with a snarl.

Not him, NOT HIM! You thought and sighed, while walking to the seat next to him and sitting down.

It was Agent Collins, and you despise him with a passion. It's a mutual hatred, you couldn't believe you were in the same office as him.

He started as an Agent in the FBI branch that you are appointed to, much after you made your status and intellect very clear to everyone. All your co-workers and your superiors appreciated your natural talent and keen eye for small details that change the look of a case.

But then Agent Collins, the 'dream asset' of the FBI, came along and stole everyone's attention. He was such an 'Angel', no ones that pure or kind or smart.

You think it's unfair. He's got his perfect hair with his perfect eyes and face, and his 'perfect' brain and mind.

You hate it.

And he feels the same towards you, though you don't know about that.

You both always fight for solving cases in the quickest of times or getting your hands on the best of cases. The competition is intense and sometimes other agents need to intervene to settle the heat.

And after all of that, you have to sit next to him... and contain your emotions towards him infront of the SAC.

"Agent [y/l/n], thank you for coming. I was just telling Agent Collins here that I have a future task to assign to agents of the highest class in this division," SAC Jonas told and you nodded, "We discussed and have selected the two of you to lead the project but before that you need to complete off whatever is on your plates and give the project your full attention."

You gulped. You had a feeling about what would happen next.

"Therefore, Collins will be assisting you on the current case you are working on [y/l/n]," SAC Jonas announced and you adjusting yourself in your seat, "Both of you have the expertise and skill."

"W-Wait... He's going to work with me?!" You felt light headed, no exaggeration. The SAC nodded and you raised your eyebrows.

"But the Sebastian case... i-it's beyond what we've done before and-"

"It's a suicide case."

"I have proof that it was actually a murder."

"Well then Agent Collins can help you find more to make your allegations credible," SAC Jonas said, "I look forward to receiving the full report on the Sebastian case. Thank you Agents."

"B-But there must be some other way-"

"If you feel this is uncomfortable then I can assign the whole case to Collins, [y/n]," He raised an eyebrow and you sighed.

You nodded your head, "Alright we'll work together..."

You walked out of the room, and rushed to the pantry to get yourself another cup of coffee, a much stronger one.

Agent Collins eyed you, unamused by your protest to not work with him. "Yeah you hate me, I get that but this project is big and I will do whatever I can to work on it," He made clear as he walked towards you, "I'm ready to set our differences aside so as long as you cooperate we'll be just fine."

*****

You constantly tapped your pen on the glass meeting room desk. This room was booked by you and Misha for the whole day.

"Can you stop that?!" Misha requested with annoyance and you looked up to him with irritation. You gave him a dirty look then continued take the tapping noise, a little more louder than before.

You heard him sigh with frustration then put the file that he had in his hands down on the table harshly.

"Okay what is your problem?!" He questioned, unable to comprehend the situation he was in.

You put your pen down and looked at him with a sarcastic smile. "YOU... you're the problem!" You said and sat up in your seat, "Everything was all fun and games until you showed up and had to ruin the whole rhythm!"

He rolled his eyes and you glared at him. " 'Perfect Agent Collins, he's got nothing wrong with him! He's so smart and pretty and capable of even taking over this branch!' " You mocked in a high pitched voice then watched him with disgust, "I was the leading Agent here, I was the one with the record solving time, I was the one who had my way around here and everyone loved me... and loved the way I worked and... and-"

You looked to the floor and frowned, you gave up and had nothing else to vent out.

"Do you notice how I use the past tense?" You mumbled, but loud enough for him to hear, "It's because I don't have that life I had before."

He scoffed, a reaction that made you scruch your eyebrows and stare at him with confusion. What is his deal?!

"So huh, you're just a jealous wreck," He stated and you raised an eyebrow. "Excuse me?!" You eyed him with complete disbelief.

"You know that you are the best agent I've met and watched working, and I've met many agents," He said and squinted his eyes, "Do you know that you're a large part of everything they talk about down in DC?"

You stared at him, speechless, "What..."

"Do you know that I mainly took this job just to witness how the great Agent [y/n] [y/l/n]'s mind works?! I'm here because of you and you have no idea how honoured I feel to be working with you on a case," Misha said in an agitated tone and you tried to say something but couldn't form any sentence.

"I uh... um, I..."

You rubbed your forehead then sighed, "Look Misha I'm... I apologise for my disrespectful behaviour. I was heated in the moment and I said things I didn't truly mean-No it doesn't mean that I can say whatever crap I want."

He smiled slightly, sympathy on his face and a sense of forgiveness.

"I'm flattered that you see me so highly but you're right, I'm just a jealous wreck," You shook your head, ashamed at your attitude, "And I... I'm happy to work with you Misha, I just hope you're happy to work with me too."

His smile widened then he nodded slightly and went back to reading his case file.

You smirked slightly, you couldn't believe that you were actually talking to him and you didn't feel awkward or out of place.

You started to like his presence. He didn't seem that bad.

He's dedicated, passionate... hell, he's all the brains you need for this case so what more could you ask for?