Power-Up (Jack)

It was frustrating for the poor guy, he couldn't get around to making the one thing that makes him special work. Jack's powers were, for all that he knows, drowning away as every minute goes by while he and the Winchesters still think that there's hope for him being useful.

"It's no use Castiel, it was by luck that my powers showed up that time," Jack expressed sadly, and Castiel put a hand on his shoulder.

"Don't stress yourself so much," Castiel advised, "Relaxation will help you. You have great power Jack, you're powers are not at all diminishing. Do not worry."

"Hey Jack, Cas, time to go!" Dean shouted out, while you walked down the hallway, a bag slung over your shoulder. You glanced into the room where Cas and Jack were and smiled.

They followed you soon after, you notices that Jack was a little gloomy. You squeezed his shoulder and asked, "You okay?"

He nodded slowly then smiled at you softly. Even though he gave you the 'I'm fine' look, he still felt sad about not achieving to have control on his powers.

*****

"Alright, Sam and I will go inside while Cas scouts the area. If anything goes wrong [y/n] you're on," Dean instructed and everyone agreed.

The Winchesters walked into the aged barn while Cas started circling around the building for any sigils to burn down or any other parties watching and ready to fight.

Jack on the other hand, he wasn't that happy with staying behind. He wanted in on the action and making sure that everyone's safe.

"I should be in there if anything goes wrong-"

"Jack it's better with you being outside. You could get hurt," You said sympathetically, "Besides, we can just relax till they finish the job. Isn't that a better way to deal with this?"

He shrugged his shoulders them kicked the gravel on the ground, out of boredom and being isolated from the action.

"Look on the bright side, Sam and Dean-"

THUD! BANG!

You jerked in fright, a loud noise came from inside the barn and you clenched your fists, ready to attack. You grabbed one of the shotguns then checked if it was fully loaded. Once you were satisfied, you started walking towards-

"Where are you going?" Jack questioned and pulled you back, "Sam and Dean told us to stay here and not interfere."

You looked at him with shock, "Didn't you hear that?! They're in danger, I'm the back up and I have to help."

You jogged ahead, "Don't move from here Jack!" He wanted to protest but you were already far off ahead by the time he formed his argument.

You entered the barn, it was pin-drop silent, the only sound was of your shoes crunching the hay and straw on ground. You looked around with caution, your shotgun pointed down, with your hand on the trigger.

"Sam, Dean?" You asked, taking care that you weren't that loud-

THUMP! THUD!

You were thrown to the wooden barn wall, your back hit the surface hard and you cried out in pain. You fell to the ground, immediately unconscious by the hard blow.