Park Chanyeol X Reader

Your relationship with Chanyeol was fading whether you liked to admit or not. The spark that was once there was slowly burning out, and you didn't know what to do. Truth be told you still loved him but you didn't know if he loved you back.

Park Chanyeol and you have known each other for years. You knew him like the back of your hand. He was one of your best friends, and you loved him. Eventually a strong friendship turned into a strong relationship. But that relationship is slowly dying out like a burning flame. Your heart ached at the thought of wanting to let Chanyeol go. You knew that he had to focus on his career, you knew that his job meant more than you, and you were okay with that. That was the price of an idol after all.

Chanyeol no longer had time for you, but it was understandable. His schedule was jam packed with interviews, practice, appearances on shows, and recording. You knew what exactly the two of you were going to get into in the beginning two years ago, but you didn't expect the relationship to burn out so soon. You wished you'd had more time with Chanyeol. You wished you'd had more time to tell him just how much you loved him. You wished you'd had more time to admit to him just how rejected you were beginning to feel by him, but you still loved him nonetheless.

You stood in the kitchen of your apartment. It was only a matter of time until Chanyeol returned home from practice. Your eyes watched the snowflakes fall to the ground gracefully, flowing through the wind freely and prettily. Your heart ached as you thought back to your relationship with Chanyeol. You really didn't want to discuss these things with him, to try and mend things with him because you knew just how worked up he'd get over it. He had enough stress already. You didn't want to add onto that growing pile of stress, but you had no choice. It was time.

Your right hand clenched into a fist against the counter. Your teeth sunk into your bottom lip as your E/C eyes watered with tears, threatening to spill at any moment. The sound of the door being unlocked and pushed open captures your attention. Your heart pumped in your chest as you squeezed your eyes shut.

"Jagiya?" Chanyeol calls from the living room.

You listen as he approaches the kitchen, his hand reaching for the light to flip it on. "What are you doing standing alone in the dark?" Chanyeol asks.

"It's beautiful outside tonight, isn't it?" You ask him shakily.

"Yes it is," Chanyeol agrees, approaching you silently. He was confused. "Jagiya, what's the matter?"

"Chanyeol," you breathe. "What was yesterday?"

Chanyeol's eyebrows furrow at your question. He stared at the back of your head as if you'd lost your mind. "The 21st of December, why?"

"No reason," you reply softly. The tears began to flow over. How could he forget?

"Y/N-ah.." Chanyeol reaches his hand out to grasp around your room.

"We should break up Chanyeol." You whisper.

Chanyeol's movements hault at those five simple words. His chest feels as if a hole had just been punched through it. He didn't understand why you wanted to break up. In his eyes, everything was fine and you were happy. In his eyes he hadn't done anything wrong. "Why?" he asks.

"Don't you feel it Chanyeol? Our love is burning out," you say silently.

Chanyeol's hand drops down to his side as he stares at the back of your head. He hadn't felt it. He still felt your love for him, didn't you feel his love?

"What do you mean it's burning out?" Chanyeol asks with a demanding tone.

You turn around to face him, your eyes red as tears still poured down your cheeks. You looked tired, scared, and lost. It tore Chanyeol's heart apart seeing you like this. He didn't know what to do.

"You no longer have time for a relationship Chanyeol. I understand that your job is important and it means everything to you, but you're also letting this relationship burn out. I'm at my breaking point Chanyeol. I never wanted to break up with you but it's coming to the point where we have to because you no longer have the time."

Chanyeol feels conflicted at your words. He didn't know what to say or do. "You knew what you were getting into in the beginning Y/N," Chanyeol states sternly.

"I know that, and so did you. We both made a commitment to this relationship in the beginning, we both promised each other forver. But can't you see that I can't continue on like this?" You ask.

"And why can't you?" Chanyeol responds with twice as much fury.

"Because you don't love me anymore!" You shout.

It grows quiet in the apartment. Chanyeol's face twists from one of anger to one of confusion. "What do you mean I don't love you?"

"It means exactly that Chanyeol. Your heart used to burn with so much love, but something's happened.. something changed within you. I don't even know what it is, but what I do know is that you no longer feel for me what I still feel for you. And to prove it you forgot our two year anniversary." You whisper the last part, your eyes falling to the ground.

Chanyeol sees just how much hurt and pain you felt just by looking at your eyes. He knew he was hurting you, but he was too selfish to let you go.

"You haven't even told me you loved me in the past year Chanyeol," you say.

Chanyeol feels his heart break at the sound of you voice cracking. He didn't want to let you go, but he knew he had to. He was hurting you this whole time and he hadn't known. "Y/N.." Chanyeol trails off.

"I think it's time we say goodbye," you say after a moment of silence.

Chanyeol reaches his hand out, caressing your cheek one last time as he attempts to wipe away all your tears. "What if I don't want to say goodbye?"

"Then I will." You take a step away from him, his hand dropping as he watches you grab your suit case and jacket.

You leave the apartment you'd once shared with the man you loved. You leave Chanyeol standing alone in the kitchen, tears now streaming down his face as he realizes what he'd lost. He'd lost the love of his life.

Sorry it's kind of short, and that it ended this way 🤣 But I hope you enjoyed this imagine.