Park Jaehyung X Reader

You sigh, pressing your hands to your face in frustration. Piles of books and papers were spread across the desk in front of you. A single cup of coffee sat in the corner of your desk. You tie your hair up into a messy bun, removing your glasses and dropping them on top of the papers. You glance at the digital clock on your bed side table a few feet away, the time reading two in the morning.

Sighing once more, you cross your arms and drop your head down to the desk. Your phone buzzes on the desk. You sit up, grabbing the phone, squinting at the screen. A single text message was displayed across the screen from your best friend, Jae. He was asking if you were still up.

You call him, pressing the phone to your ear. Jae answers on the second ring.

"So I take it you are still awake," he chuckles.

You rub your eyes tiredly. "Yes," you mumble.

"Are you still studying for the test tomorrow?" Jae asks.

You scoff. "Yes. These exams have me stressed more than ever." You respond with a quiet laugh.

"Why don't you take a break?" Jae asked. There was shuffling from the other end of the phone. You put your glasses back on, brushing your bangs out of your eyes.

"And do what?" You ask, leaning back in your chair.

"Meet you in front of your apartment in ten," Jae says, ending the phone call abruptly.

Your nose wrinkles, glancing at the time once again. You quickly change from sweats and into skinny jeans, leaving Jae's red long sleeve shirt on that he'd left at your apartment when he stayed over a few weeks ago. You tug a black sweatshirt over your head and untie your hair, deciding to leave your glasses on to not go through all the trouble of putting on your contacts.

Jae has been your best friend since you met him as a trainee under JYP Entertainment. You were still studying as a college student at unitversity, while still practicing. You were nearing your last few weeks of your senior year. Jae debuted under a band called DAY6, while you were still a trainee. You were given a few chances to debut but passed them up in order to finish school.

A few minutes later you're locking the door to your apartment, skipping down the steps tiredly. You push open the door and peek your head out. A few feet away a tall figure stood, Jae turns around and smiles at you.

You grin and sigh, stuffing your hands into the pockets of your sweater. Jae opens his arms and wraps you in a tight hug.  You sigh and pull away. "I'm so stressed out Jae," you whisper.

Jae frowns and reaches his hand out, ruffling your hair. "Things will work out just fine. You're smart Y/N, I'm 100% sure you'll pass your exams tomorrow." He smiles reassuringly.

"I should be studying right now," you smile softly.

"Well too late now, you're already outisde. How about we go somewhere to eat?" Jae asks, smiling cheesily.

"Somewhere to eat? Jae, it's two in the morning. How on earth are we going to find somewhere to eat this late at night?" You ask, following your best friend as he begins walking with his hands stuffed deep in his pockets.

"There's always 24 hour diners," he responds with a shrug.

You laugh and follow him, shaking your head. This was one of the many reasons as to why he was your best friend. Jae always tried his best to cheer you up, and he always managed to convince you to take a break when you needed one. He was one of the most caring guys you'd ever met and you knew that one day he would become a perfect boyfriend for someone.