Xu Minghao X Reader

it's not spring but that ain't stopping me from uploading this.

Rain pelted against your bedroom window outside early in the morning. You were curled into a ball underneath your blankets, dreading the thought of having to get up and get ready for the day. Your muscles still ached from practicing all last night with your group members. You hadn't returned back to your shared apartment with your boyfriend until around two in the morning. It had taken you almost an entire hour to fall asleep afterwards because you simply weren't used to sleeping alone, Minghao now being gone more than usual thanks to his schedule overseas as well.

Thinking about your boyfriend made you miss him a little more, your heart aching a little. It's been a whole two weeks since the two of you last had any time to spend together.

A loud beeping sound interrupts your thoughts as you groan and extend your arm out of the warmth of the blankets that surround you, grasping your phone in your hand. You hold the screen close to your face to turn off the alarm. It was five in the morning. Because you spent almost all night practicing, your manager allowed you and your group members to sleep in a little longer, having told you that you didn't need to go to practice until twelve in the afternoon. You throw your phone towards the end of the bed and curl underneath the  blankets once again, allowing yourself to fall asleep.

Minghao enters the apartment silently, noticing that your pair of shoes still lie in front of the door. He smiles a little as he notices your practice bag still lying carelessly on the floor as well. Minghao leaves his suitcase at the front door after checking to make sure it was securely locked, shedding his jacket and removing his hat to reveal his messy black hair. He walks through the darkened apartment and finds his way to your shared bedroom easily.

He enters the dark room and sighs. Because you often preferred to sleep in cold air, the AC was running even though it was still the beginning of Spring. Minghao quietly crosses the room and goes to shut it off, raising an eyebrow at your curled up form underneath the thick blankets. The time was eight in the morning.

Minghao sits on the edge of the bed and begins to run his fingers through your long hair, a small smile gracing his lips as he tugs at the ends of it. You groan a little in your sleep and attempt to slap his hands away from your hair. He shifts his position so that he's lying beside you on the bed, brushing stray strands of hair away from your face so he can see you clearly.

"Y/N," his voice is soft. "It's time to wake up."

"No it's not," you mumble through your sleep. "It's too early."

Minghao chuckles at your words. "It's eight in the morning, love."

"That is still too early."

He sighs sits up, attempting to pull the blankets from around you. You open your eyes to glare at him through the darkness of the bedroom. Although normally you would be excited to see him, right now you weren't having any of it. He was messing with your sleep. You slap his hands away from the blankets and burrow deeper into the matress, making it a point to even tighten the blankets around your body.

Your boyfriend rolls his eyes at your actions and stands up from the bed, crossing the hardwood floor of your bedroom and to the curtains. He tugs on them. Light streams in through the window, although it's not that bright considering dark clouds flooded the usually bright sky but it's still enough to wake you up a little more. You tug the blankets over your head with a groan. Minghao returns to your side and practically lays on top of you. You groan and complain as you're lying on your chest, and Minghao's added weight doesn't make it any better. He laughs as you try to move out from underneath him.

"Minghao," your voice is muffled through the thick blankets that still cover your head. You were almost 80% sure he was trying to suffocate you. "You're going to kill me."

He finally sits up, allowing you to sit up properly in bed with a pout on your face. Minghao laughs at your reaction and uses the moment to cup your cheeks in his hands, squeezing them as he brings your face closer to his to press a kiss against your nose. "You're so cute."

You push him away and fall back into the blankets and pillows, turning away from him so that your back faces him. Minghao lies behind you and wraps his arms around your waist, tugging you close to him so that your back is pressed against his chest. He buries his face into the crook of your neck and sighs happily, sending chills down your spine.

"I missed you so much," he whispers lovingly while pressing a light kiss to your skin.

You rest your hands against his chest, savoring the moment. "I missed you, too."