Lee Sungyeol X Reader

Requested by: jinkookiex23

There was a certain admiration within Sungyeol's eyes as he listened to you ramble on about your day, lost in thought as you continued picking at your food. Sungyeol just couldn't seem to take his eyes off you as you sat across from him in the dimly lit restaurant. He loved the way your dark hair fell into loose across down your shoulders. He loved the way your eyes shone with a firey passion as you spoke about your job and the next project you were working on. He loved how soft your skin was, how soft it looked with the dim lights. He loved the way your deep, brown eyes contrasted against your skin. He loved your smile and the laugh you would release every time he told a corny joke.

Sungyeol admired you. He spent years admiring your from a distance, as you were Sungjong's younger sister. And soon things changed with a snap of a finger. He asked you on a date and you'd agreed, and things began to escalate from there.

You noticed that Sungyeol seemed to be in a daze, not paying the slightest bit attention to the story you were telling him about a co-worker of yours. You paused and raised an eyebrow, lifting a hand to snap your fingers in front of his face.

"Are you even listening?" You ask with a teasing smile.

You didn't mind the slightest bit that he was zoning out. You found it cute to be quite honest. It rendered you speechless sometimes with how lucky you got to have someone who seemed to be so infatuated with you, that he just could never seem to take his eyes off of you. But you loved it nonetheless. When Sungyeol's attention was not on music, it was on you and his family. He loved you. And you loved him.

"Of course," Sungyeol smiles and reaches across the table, grasping your hand in his. He brings your hand to his mouth and presses his lips to the back of it.

Your stomach flips at the simple gesture of his. You continue the story, pausing every now and again to make sure that he was listening this time. An hour passes and the two of you are returning to your shared apartment. Your fingers are laced together, Sungyeol's thumb rubbing soothing circles on the back of your hand softly as he tells you about his day. He explains the new song he was working on with his group. You listen to him, this time you were staring with admiration. Sungyeol ate it up, loving that your eyes were only on him and not someone else.

It was as clear as day light, your love for one another. Even a blind person could see the amount of love and admiration you held for each other. It was almost sickening to see, the loving looks that the two of you shared always caused groans from your brother and Sungyeol's band mates. You could care less. You were happy and in love.

You were finally lying in bed beneath the blankets, glasses perched on your nose as you read one of your favorite novels. Sungyeol was stood in the bathroom brushing his teeth after taking a shower. The bluetooth speaker across the room played the softest music, the shared bedroom lit with only one lamp. Sungyeol finally climbs into bed next to your. You mark your page in the book and set aside along with your glasses, reaching over to turn off the light. You wrap your arms around Sungyeol's torso and allow yourself to relax, feeling a lot more ease with his arms around you. It's comforting.

Sungyeol leans down to press his lips against your forehead, then your lips. You smile into the slow kiss. Even after two years of dating he still managed to conjure up the same butterflies that always seemed to flutter every time he kissed or touched you.

As you lay in bed that night, you tried your best to ignore the fact that soon he would enlist and you would be left alone in the apartment for two years. It was heart aching to think about. Two years without the love of your life, but you would wait for him. Because you loved him and because you needed him. You needed him to feel alive, to feel loved, to feel happy. He was your rock and your support.

Sungyeol's arms never unwrapped from you, he held you against him as if he would lose you if he let you go. You allowed him to hold you. You wanted nothing more than for him to hold you tighter, to never let you go.

A few months later

That night seemed so long ago. Now you lie awake in bed, curled underneath the blanket as you clutched onto the pillow with the faint familiar scent of your boyfriend. It's only been a few months but the apartment felt so bare without him. You were lonely, but you would continue to wait for him, for the love of your life. You would never leave.

Two years later

Your heart pounded within your chest as you unlocked the door to the apartment, your heart sinking to your stomach as you see that Sungyeol has not yet arrived home. You shake your head and immediately get to work on fixing a home cooked meal for him. The time passes quickly and soon you get a call from your brother, he tells you that Sungyeol was on his way home after visiting him.

You change out of your sweats and baggy shirt into something more presentable, a pair of jeans and a nice top. There was a fluttering feeling within your chest as your stomach clenched and unclenched uncomfortably. You were nervous to see him.

Before you know it you can hear the door unlock. You bound out of the living room, your voice caught in your throat as you absorb the sight in front of you. Sungyeol stood in a uniform, his expression one of shock as he takes in the prepared dinner you'd made. He turns to see you, his eyes softening as he takes in your watery eyes. You don't hesitate to run across the hard wood floor and wrap your arms around him.

Sungyeol holds you to him, never once letting you go as he presses his lips to your forehead reassuringly. A sense of comfort washes over you as you relax into his familiar arms, inhaling his comforting scent that you'd missed all this time. Time seems to stop as Sungyeol pulls away. He stares into your eyes and takes your hands in his, dropping his bag to the ground as he reaches into his back pocket. You hardly notice any of this as you stare up into his eyes, never breaking eye contact.

"The time that we've spent apart has helped me realize just how much I need you in my life. You're my main support, my love. I missed you so much." Sungyeol says as he pulls a black velvet box out of his pocket, slowly dropping to one knee. Your heart flutters in your chest, and suddenly you can't help but let the tears flow down your cheeks as he opens the book to reveal a dainty ring that you'd pointed out just days before his enlistment. He must have bought it right after and held onto it all this time. "I love you Y/N. You have made me the happiest man alive, and I am very thankful to have you and call you mine. So, I guess what I'm asking is, will you marry me?"

You don't hesitate to answer, sputtering out a yes that is broken with a sob. You wrap your arms around Sungyeol after he helps you put on the ring. He kisses your forehead, and then your lips. He holds you to him and never lets you go.