Choi Seungcheol X Reader

Request from: Pritawanggraini

"We can't keep sneaking around," Seungcheol mumbles through the kiss.

You sigh while pulling away the slightest bit. "We'll tell my father when the time is right," you say.

Seungcheol narrows his eyes. "Any time is the right time."

"You know how my father is," you sigh. "He doesn't approve of anything. I don't want him to disapprove of our relationship."

"We're going to have to tell him eventually," Seungcheol tucks a strand of hair behind your ear.

"What if he fires you? What if he forbids me from seeing you? What if-" Seungcheol presses his lips to yours.

"There's no way he'll fire me. I'm the only barista who makes the coffee correctly outside of your family." Seungcheol smiles cheekily.

You sigh and stare up at the boy with a slight pout. "I just don't want him scaring you off."

"Your mom loves me, your brother is my best friend, your grandma loves me too, and you love me. If your father doesn't approve, then I'm sure one of them will be able to talk some sense into him." Seungcheol says.

You raise an eyebrow. "What makes you so sure that I love you?" You tease.

Seungcheol smiles knowingly. "The look in your eyes." He leans down and brushes his lips against yours softly.

~

"Where have the two of you been?" Your father nags as he rushes around behind the counter, trying his best to catch up with the seemingly endless orders.

"So much for telling him today," you mumble quietly beside Seungcheol who nudges you in the side.

"We were caught up in the library studying for an upcoming exam, the finals." Seungcheol excuses.

It wasn't entirely a lie. The two of you were seniors in college, you've been best friends since middle school and have done practically every single thing together. Seungcheol had been looking for a job your freshmen year of college and miracously at the same time, your cousin quit to move to America with her parents and the spot was left open for Seungcheol to fill.

"The two of you better be ready for those finals," your mother calls from beside your father with a knowing smile.

Your mother was the only person aware of your relationship with your best friend. She caught the two of you holding hands and walking around while she was out at the market. It was awkward when she first confronted you about it, but soon it became more of an advantage to hide your relationship from your father.

"Of course we are," you wave her off while tying your apron on.

"She's going to flunk it," your twin brother snorts from the kitchen where he was most likely baking more muffins and cupcakes.

"I will not!" You sigh in annoyance.

"As long as she's confident she'll pass, she can run the register," your father says while pushing you to take over.

Your mother laughs as he goes off to the side. She follows him, allowing Seungcheol to take over for her. In no time the two of you manage to catch up with the orders and hand them out. Your father watches with a slight pout. "I can't keep up with them anymore." He sighs.

Your mother pats his shoulder in a comforting way. "It's okay dear, just go rest in the office for now." She instructs with a sweet smile.

Your dad nods in agreement and sluggishly walks to his office in the back of the coffee shop. Your mom smiles as she wraps an arm around your shoulders. "I think it's time you come clean about your relationship," she says in a sing-song voice.