Park Chanyeol X Reader

"Are you fucking serious?!" Chanyeol shouts from outside the door, pounding.

"Yes I'm fucking serious!" You shout while shoving your clothes into the suitcase.

"Y/N, I'm sorry," Chanyeol apologizes.

You scoff while zipping the suitcase shut, shrugging on your jacket. Chanyeol has been your boyfriend for three years now. Normally the two of you had disagreements often, but this time you weren't sure if the two of you could bounce back from something this big. You fought with Chanyeol about your relationship. You felt your relationship falling apart, you felt your heart break with each time Chanyeol canceled on a date. You didn't know what to do anymore. The two of you fought more often. It was only a matter of time before it would soon break off.

You pull the bedroom door open. Chanyeol stumbles forward. His breath reeked of alcohol from partying with his band members. You shove him away from you, pulling your suitcase along behind you. Chanyeol follows you to the front door. You remove the key to the apartment from your key chain and slam it down on the table near the front door. Chanyeol blinked slowly as he tried to process the situation.

"You can't leave." Chanyeol states.

"I can, and I will." You say while ripping the front door open, practically running out. You leave Chanyeol, each step you took broke your heart more and more.

When you're standing out front on the sidewalk, you call your best friend. "Y/N?" Her voice is groggy, you most likely woke her up from sleeping.

"C-Can you come pick me up?" Your voice is shaky.

"Yeah, I'll send my brother after you. Where are you?" She asks.

"Out front Chanyeol's apartment. Just please, hurry."

Five minutes pass and Baekhyun pulls up alongside the sidewalk. He jumps out of the driver side, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion. "Y/N? What happened? Where's Chanyeol?" He asks.

"Just please, take me to Jisoo's."

Baekhyun helps you with your suitcase, putting it in the trunk. You jump into the passenger side and tug the seatbelt on.

"Y/N," Baekhyun sighs as he climbs into the driver's seat. "What happened?"

You sigh and rub your eyes. "Chanyeol and I had a huge fight when he came back an hour ago. I honestly don't think our relationship will survive this one, this time." You mumble.

Baekhyun grows quiet as he drives to your best friend's apartment. He doesn't mention another word about Chanyeol while he helps you bring your bag up to her apartment. She lets you in, ordering Baekhyun to put your bag in one of the guest rooms in her apartment. When Baekhyun leaves and bids the both of you goodnight, Jisoo locks the door and plops down onto the couch beside you.

"So, tell me everything." She insists.

~

The next morning you're lying on your side in the bed. It was cold. You wrap the blanket around you, closing your eyes. It hurt. You missed Chanyeol, you wouldn't deny that. He was your everything.

There's a knock on the door. You blink at the wall, tightening your hold on the blanket.

"Y/N.. it's Chanyeol, he came to see you." Jisoo calls through the door.

"Please just send him away.." you whimper softly.

"I'll try my best." Her footsteps fade away from the door.

You listen for any signs of struggle. Footsteps are leading towards you door, you think that it's Jisoo and call for her to come in when there's a knock on the door. You sit up and turn to look at the figure that stands in the doorway. To your surprise, it's Chanyeol. Jisoo runs up behind him.

"Y/N, I'm sorry. I tried to send him away but.." she trails off.

Chanyeol apologizes to Jisoo and closes the door behind him after asking for a few minutes alone. You close your eyes, placing your head in your hands. Chanyeol walks closer and slowly sits down on the edge of the bed.

"Look Y/N.. I know I haven't exactly been the best boyfriend, and that I'm probably stupid to even come after you after you left me. But what I don't know, is what is it? Why did you leave me? Is it something that I can try to fix? Something that you and I can power through?" His voice is shaky, and it's only then that you take in his appearance. His brown eyes are red, there are bags underneath his eyes from lack of sleep, his clothes are wrinkled.

You knew you didn't look any better. You felt the exact same way as him. Hurt, lost, confused. It was hard not to feel that way after all that has been happening between the two of you. But you didn't know what to do. You loved Chanyeol, but this relationship of yours.. it was almost forgotten. Chanyeol's work came first, and you supported him, but what you wanted was more than just a simple text goodnight. You wanted to feel loved again. Chanyeol stopped admitting he loved you a long time ago. You were hurt, yes, but you thought of it as some phase. You thought that your relationship would bounce back from that. But it never did.

"Just leave Chanyeol, please..." you trail off.

Chanyeol's heart aches as he watches you. He feels a stab in his chest. He swallows the lump that has formed in his throat and scoots closer to you, this time taking your hands in his. "Y/N, please just tell me what's wrong so I can fix it. So I can fix us." His voice is desparate. Chanyeol's grasp on your hands tightens the slightest bit as you try to rip your hands from his. You struggle against him, tears soon welling up in your eyes.

"Chanyeol," your voice is hoarse. "Just let me go."

"No." His voice is stern.

You struggle in his arms, trying your best to push him off of you but never budges. He keeps his arms wrapped tightly around you. Chanyeol refuses to release you from his grip.

"I know I've been an asshole to you, I know that our relationship isn't exactly ideal, but please... give me one more chance. Give me this last chance to prove to you that I love you. I can't be without you, Y/N." Tears are running down Chanyeol's cheeks as he holds you close to him, his tears soaking your shoulder.

There's a stab in your chest. You were torn. You didn't know whether or not it was a great idea to give him another chance, whether it would change things or not. But what you did know was that you couldn't live without him. You felt lost without him. Chanyeol was your heart, he was everything to you... and whether it was the same for him, you still needed him.

You loved him. You needed him.