Lee Minho X Reader

You're literally one of the most negative people I've ever met.

'Well ouch, that hurt.' You think to yourself as you re-read your best friend's message. It wouldn't have been the first time since she's said something similar to you. The two of you have only been close friends for a year, but you were closer to her than most of your friends. Lately she's been acting a little more snobbish than usual, constantly trying to pick fights with you when you state your opinion on something, calling you names, and more than often openly admitting she hates you. You would brush it off, thinking that maybe she was just joking around. It wasn't until recently that you'd begun to realize just how much of a bitch she's been acting like towards you. Even Minho, your boyfriend, has started to realize the change in her attitude towards you.

Normally hearing something like that wouldn't bug you in the slightest, but hearing it from your best friend nearly broke your heart. You always did your best to stay positive and remain understanding about her attitude towards you. But you were beginning to grow tired, having to almost always apologize for your own opinion on certain things that she disagreed with. But she was your best friend.

Sighing, you set your phone down on your bedside table and collapse back onto the bed. That message was from last night, she must have sent it after you'd fallen asleep. Your heart feels heavy in that moment as you recall all the times you'd let her attitude slide, feeling a little shitty. You wanted nothing more than to fall asleep and never leave your room again, you'd rather mope around your bedroom than go to school and have to face her. You had her in four of your classes, and lunch as well. How were you supposed to face her after that message? You would probably break down right in front of her remembering it. What a crappy way to start your morning.

There's a sharp knock on your door as your mother calls through it, letting you know that you have an hour to get ready. You sigh once more and heave yourself up and off the bed.

Half an hour later you're out of the shower, your hair wet and your pajamas traded for your school uniform. You slip a sweatshirt over your head and quickly dry your hair with a hair dryer. Your eyes were puffy from crying. While you were getting ready you had begun to overthink, your thoughts running wild as you wondered why your best friend hated you so much. Was she really a friend? The simple thought of her made you want to curl into a ball in the corner of your bedroom and cry your eyes out, but you knew you couldn't. You had to go to school. Speaking of, Minho had messaged you a few minutes ago telling you that he would walk you to school and that he would be waiting outside. The thought of Minho eased your aching heart as you finished getting ready, grabbing your bag as you rushed out the front door.

Minho stood outside, leaning against the wall. He looks up when you exit the building to your apartment complex. Minho grins and holds out your favorite drink to you. "Here, I thought you would need it since I knew that you stayed up all night playing Overwatch."

You smile. "Thank you." You lean up and kiss him on the cheek briefly, pulling away just in time to see his flustered expression.

The two of you have been dating for four months now. Minho was the only other person besides your best friend who knew you like the back of their hand. He was always very kind and gentle with you, every once and a while he would slip up and say something savage in which you would have to respond to with the same amount of sass. Being with Minho was almost like a breath of fresh air. You were both in your last years of high school, making it one of the most stressful years that you've ever encountered, having to constantly worry. Minho helped ease the stress and worriness that you always felt. He was your emotional support.

"Have you spoken with F/N?" He asks.

You resist the urge to sigh. "Yes," you start. "She's been acting like a total bitch lately. I don't know what I said or did to make her act like this towards me."

"You just said it Y/N," Minho sighs. "She's a bitch for treating you like that, but you shouldn't try and make excuses for her by blaming it on yourself. People can just be total dickheads for no apparent reason. Don't make yourself feel bad." He laces your fingers together as he says this, squeezing your hand in his.

You offer him a smile and lean up to press your lips against his cheeks, except Minho turns his face at that exact same time. Before you know it your lips are pressed against his in a soft kiss. Your heart flutters in your chest at this action. Minho's lips are soft as he moves them against yours in a slow manner. The kiss is meaningful and soft all at the same time, ending no longer than a few seconds later. You feel your face heat up as you pull away, watching as Minho's lips lift up into a cheeky smile.

"Let's go, we're going to be late." He tugs you along with him.

~

Lunch consists of Minho teasingly stealing your food as the two of you eat, your free hand often reaching out to slap his shoulder as he steals a piece of meat from your tray. Your best friend, Jisung, joined the two of you at lunch along with a few of his other friends. The table consisted of mainly Minho's friends, not that you minded much although their constant complaints about how touchy feely Minho and you were seemed to make him want to slap a few of them.

"I don't condone this public display of affection in the middle of a cafeteria where people are trying to eat." Jisung states blantly.

You snort at his words and roll your eyes as Minho steals another piece of meat. He chuckles through the mouthful of meat in his mouth. "It's not like you're going to eat it or anything," he manages to say while covering his mouth with his free hand.

"At this rate Y/N will be left with nothing to eat," Changbin notes.

"She'll starve to death," Felix adds.

Minho grabs a broccoli that had fallen off his tray and onto table and chucks it at Changbin who is quick to deflect it with his empty tray, a smirk on his lips. "You missed."

Minho glares at his friend. "Did I?"

Changbin glances down at his white dress shirt and groans. "Really?" There's now a stain on it.

"Not like you can't afford it or anything." Jisung snorts from his spot at the table as he stuffs another piece of meat in his mouth.

Sitting with Minho and his friends helped get your mind off of the drama with your best friend. You glance around the cafeteria, relieved that she was nowhere to be seen. You were unsure if whether or not you would be able to face her without wanting to cry.

Minho seemed to notice your change in mood and nudged your knee with his, raising an eyebrow. "You okay?" He mouths.

You sighed and smiled. "I'm fine."

Even as things changed around you and worked in a fast pace, you knew that you had Minho by your side to help you through it all. He was your best friend and boyfriend all in one. You loved him for that, thankful that even during your worst days he was always there by your side to help you.

this imagine? WACK