Eric Nam X Helly

I tiredly drop down onto the couch, kicking my feet up on the other end of it. A tired sigh escapes my lips as I stretch out across the cushions. After practicing all day I returned home to a messy apartment, most likely from the last time Eric spent the night at my apartment. The both of us were very close friends, often making time for the two of us to hang out. Like Eric, I was a solo artist, except I was under SM Entertainment. The two of us debuted around the same time and have been close friends after co-hosting a show together in the past. Like Eric, I was also born and raised in America, which was another reason of our close friendship.

I wanted nothing more than to get up and clean my messy apartment, but I was too tired. After practicing nonstop all day I couldn't even bear the thought of doing anything. Just as I began to drift off to sleep my phone began to ring on the coffee table.

Groaning quietly, I reach over and slide the green button across the screen, pressing the phone to my ear. "Hello?" I mumble tiredly.

"Are you doing anything?" It was Eric.

"Trying to sleep," I answer honestly.

"Too bad," Eric's voice is light and teasing. "I'm coming over to pick you up, so get ready. We're going out to eat."

"What's the occasion?" I yawn.

"Does there have to be an occasion?" He snorts. "I'm paying."

Those two words were enough for me to jump up, agreeing to go out for dinner. I end the phone call and immediately rush to my bedroom to grab a fresh pair of clothes, deciding it was best for me to take a quick shower. After showering I dress and dry my hair with an air dryer. It doesn't take me long to do me hair and makeup. 

Ten minutes after I finish getting ready there's a knock on the front door to my apartment. I rush across the hardwood floor and yank it open, grinning as Eric smiles brightly. I immediately pull him into a hug. Although it's only been one week since I last saw him, I couldn't seem to stay away from my best friend for that long without missing him. The two of us were literally joined to the hip after we first met. Eric laughs at my reaction. "You missed me that much?" He teases. "It's only been a week."

"Shut up," I smack his chest after pulling away. "A week is too long to be away from my best friend."

Eric rolls his eyes before taking a step back, a small smile still playing on his lips. "Are you ready to go?" He asks while motioning behind him.

I nod and grab my jacket from the hanger beside my door, thankful that I already slipped my shoes on much earlier. I grab my purse and keys that lie on a table near the door. The two of us leave, catching up rather quickly. We arrive at the restaurant not much later that Eric offered to take me to. As soon as we're seated we order and dive into another conversation.

"I seen that SM has been teasing at a comeback for you," Eric grins.

I laugh and nod. "Yes they have, but I need one more song to add to the album. I've gotten the title song done and ready, as well as the choreography and everything. The comeback is in one more month but SM is demanding one more song for the album."

"Really?" Eric raises an eyebrow. "That's a bit strange."

I shrug while taking a sip of my water. "I'm fine with it, but I've lost all motivation in writing anymore. I've hit writer's block."

"I'm sure you'll think of something. Do you have any English songs?" He asks.

"No."

"Write this song in English then, I know how much you still struggle with your Korean," Eric suggests.

I hum. "Maybe I will, but I still need to find the inspiration for it."

"Do you know what kind of song you want it to be? Upbeat, ballad.." he trails off.

"Maybe a ballad? I haven't done a ballad in a long time since my debut," I shrug. "It would be good to do another one."

Eric nods with a smile. "Now you're starting to think," he says.

"But I still need to think of the lyrics." I point out.

"You'll think of something eventually," Eric shrugs. "You're talented Helly."

Just then the waitress returns with our food and drinks. As soon as they leave we begin to dig into our food. The two of us continue talking lightly over the dinner, but majority of the time we're stuffing our faces with food. In the end Eric pays and we leave, deciding to go for a walk in the park near the restaurant. Luckily there weren't much people out considering it was winter and it was evening.

Eric is walking beside me, his arm occasionally brushing against mine. The little amount of distance between us is enough for me to blush. Although I hated to admit it, I've liked Eric for quite some time now. We've been friends for years though so it almost felt unacceptable to like him. Not only that, but the two of us were idols. Assuming he felt the same way, how could we balance our work lives and our personal lives? A relationship was practically out of the question when you signed up to become an idol. You sacrificed all your free time to do the thing you enjoyed the most; singing and performing. It's not that I didn't enjoy it, I loved it, but sometimes it could be a little too overwhelming at times. That's how it is for everyone trying to balance their work life and their private life. You have to make sacrifices though. Not only would it be hard, but we would have to worry about the fans' opinions. Imagine the amount of backlash Eric or I would get. There were so many possibilities and what if's that I couldn't even begin to think of the possibility of he and I being in a relationship.

"What's wrong?" Eric asks.

I glance at him. "What do you mean?"

"You seem worried about something, what's up?" There was no way he would let it go until I answered him.

That's something I hated the most. Eric could read any expression of mine right away. He knew what I was thinking majority of the time, and he could often sense the worry. He was good at reading people.

"Nothing's wrong," I shake my head, trying to brush it off. There was no way I was telling him what I was thinking.

Eric rolls his eyes and grabs my elbow, dragging me to a nearby bench on the side of the sidewalk. He forces me to sit down. "We're not leaving until you tell me what's wrong."

"Nothing's wrong-" "goddammit Helly, just tell me so I can help you make it better."

His words shock me. "Why would you want to help me?" I ask in confusion.

"Because I love you!" I grow quiet. Gears seem to be turning in his head and his expression changes to one of shock as he realizes what he has admitted.

"You love me?" I ask quietly.

Eric sighs and allows his head to drop into his hands. "No point in lying anymore, but yes, I love you. I have loved you. It started out as just a simple crush, but as time passed I grew to fall for you more. Eventually I just couldn't hold my feelings back anymore." He whispers.

I nibble on my bottom lip. Is this where I confess too?

"I understand if you don't feel the same way," Eric starts, finally lifting his head. "I just don't want this to effect our friendship in anyway-" "Eric, shut up, I'm trying to think of a way to confess my love to you." 

A smile tugs at his lips at my words. "You love me too?"

"Of course you idiot," I mumble, a blush rising to my cheeks. "How couldn't I?"

Wordlessly, Eric tugs me into a tight hug. He presses his lips to my cheek briefly. "You don't understand how happy that makes me."

"Very happy?"

"Very happy."

I smile. "I just thought about what I want to name my song."

"What?" Eric asks.

"Very happy."

"You're dumb."