Park Jaehyung X Reader

It was dark in your bedroom. Your curtains were shut, you were curled under your blankets as you stared at the door blankly. Your group members have been trying to persuade you out of your bedroom since yesterday, but you just couldn't bring yourself to leave. Everything just came crashing down on you. It's only been a week since JYP confirmed yours and Jae's relationship, you didn't expect so much backlash. You've been an idol for two years already, you've seen the amount of hate you always got, but you hadn't recieved this much hate in a long time. It hurt you.

Jae was busy. His group was currently preparing for their Japanese debut, he didn't need to know about any of this. You hoped that all of it would blow over soon but the amount of hate you've been reciving has just been too much. You didn't understand why, or what exactly you did to make them hate you so much. Of course you knew what you were getting yourself into in the beginning when Jae and you made the decision to finally go public.

"Y/N," your member says softly through the door.

They've been trying all night and morning. You just couldn't bring yourself to get up. You knew that there was a possibility you were overreacting, but you couldn't help it. How were you supposed to deal with this?

"Y/N, I know you're up," Jessica, another member, says. Her voice is muffled but you can hear her loud and clear.

You close your eyes tightly and sigh. "Just leave me alone." You say sternly.

"Jae's been calling," Taeyon informs you.

You should've known he'd be worried. You had shut off your phone, refusing to answer anyones calls or texts. Everyone knew of the amount of hate you've been recieving. You didn't need their pity, they weren't the ones recieving it afterall.

"Tell him to stop." You reply.

"You know he won't Y/N, if anything he'll probably find a ride here," Taeyon responds.

You knew she was right. Jae always found a way. In the amount of time you've known Jae, not once did he ever give up. He was strong. He was your rock, he kept you grounded and made sure that you were always okay. Jae was always there when you needed him. You just didn't want him right now.

"Y/N," Jessica pleads through the door. "Can you at least get something to eat? I know you haven't eaten for two days now. You have to be starving."

You didn't want to eat. The comments mentioned you being too fat, it was best you listened to them and started going on a diet right? You didn't want to displease them any further.

An hour passes. Eventually you decide to get up and take a shower. If there was one thing you couldn't stand, it was not taking a shower for longer than a day. You grab some sweats and one of Jae's oversized sweaters that he'd left in your dorm before. You quietly leave your room, tiptoeing down the hall and to the bathroom. You can hear your members in the kitchen and living room, some discussing the current situation and the others deciding on what they wanted to eat later. You sigh and shut the bathroom tightly, locking it and setting your stuff down so you could quickly take a shower.

Half an hour later, when you're finished, you exit the bathroom with your arms full of your dirty clothes and toiletries. You return to your bedroom as quickly as you can, wanting to avoid any run-ins with your members. When you enter your bedroom you throw your clothes in your dirty laundry hamper and set your stuff down, eventually turning on the light and closing the door, locking it.

"Y/N."

You jump, turning around quickly. Your heart races in your chest as you're immediately met with Jae's eyes. He sat on the edge of your bed. His hair was ruffled, as if he had been running his hands through it for hours. Jae looked tired.

"What are you doing here?" You ask.

Jae studies your expression. "I came here to see you, of course."

"Just please leave," you whisper, your eyes immediately dropping to the ground.

Jae stands up and walks closer to you, trapping you against the door. "Why are you trying to push me away?"

"I don't want you seeing me this way." You reply weakly, you tried your best to push him away. Jae refuses and stands his ground. He towered over you.

"Jae, please," you beg him quietly.

"No. You can't push me away. This is not how a relationship works Y/N." He grabs your arms, tugging you towards him and pulling you into a tight hug.

You try to push him away. You didn't understand why you wanted to push him away, it just felt like the right thing to do at this moment. Your hands were curled into fists as you pushed them against his chest. Jae refused and held onto you, burying his face into your wet hair. Eventually you gave up and wrapped your arms around his torso, burying your face into his chest. You felt like crying. You wanted to let all of it out. You needed to let it out.

"Why do they hate me so much.." your voice is nearly broken as you whisper these words into his chest.

Jae doesn't say anything, his grasp only tightening around you in response. You stand there for what feels like hours, just hugging each other. Eventually Jae picks you up and carries you to the bed, lying down with you still in his arms. You don't let go, because all you really need is to feel his arms around you.

"It's going to be okay," Jae assures you.

"How do you know?" You ask him.

"Because it's not always going to be like this Y/N. This will all blow over soon." He says.

"But it's not just this, Jae. There's always been hate. It's always been there, just waiting to dig it's claws into me. I've been trying to ignore it for the past two years, but how am I supposed to do that now? It's all catching up to me." You say.

Jae sighs and tightens his hold around you. You bury your face into his neck, breathing in his familiar scent as you hugged him tighter to you. Whether you wanted to admit or not, you knew that Jae was your safe haven. Everything about him made you feel safe and protected. You loved to be in his arms, the feeling of security that came with it. You loved to be beside him, the feeling of his warmth enveloping you. Not many people got to see Jae's affectionate side besides his closest friends and his family, but Jae often showed it with you. Sure he was still the savage, skinny guy that you fell in love with, but he still found ways to show his love for you.

"Y/N," Jae sighs. "You and I both know that these kind of things don't last long. Of course they'll never actually disappear, and of course there will always be hate, but it will never always be this bad. You and I both know that you're brave enough to make it through this. You're strong Y/N, you've been through a lot since your trainee days.." Jae trails off.

You close your eyes and sigh. Jae shivers a little, trying to push your face away from his neck. "I'm trying to be sentimental and you do that," he grumbles.

You smile softly and pull away from him, looking up at him. Jae looks down at you and rubs soothing circles on your back.

"It's not my fault you're sensitive," you reply.

Jae snorts and presses his lips to your forehead. "Now where was I when I was trying to be grandma wise on you?"

You shake your head and press your head into his chest. "I think I know what you mean Jae," you whisper.

Jae doesn't say anything as he continues to rub your back soothingly. He hums your favorite song softly, his other hand running through your hair. It was times like this that you missed. Although your relationship with Jae has only been going on for a few months, there were always times where the two of you would just lay and enjoy each other's presence like this. Lately the two of you have been rather busy, so it was hard to have quality time together with Jae. Especially now.

"I love you," Jae admits to you quietly.

Warmth spreads through your chest. "I love you, too."

All you needed was Jae. Jae was the only person you needed. He was your supporter, your best friend and boyfriend. He was all you needed.

sucky ending sorry