Kim Donghan X Reader

Sunsets were always so beautiful. There was something calming about watching the sun set, the colors shining through the sky as the orange sun was replaced by the bright white moon. You loved the purplish, bluish colors that painted the sky moments before it went dark. It was comforting and heart warming to see those colors in particular. It was almost as if a artist had decided to paint the sky at that certain time of the day, making the colors pop.

You stared out at the sky, watching the sun as it slowly began to disappear. The one thing you loved about your apartment was the roof. You loved to sit out on the roof and just watch the sun set. It was one of your safe havens. You had no service at all on the top of the roof, which disconnected you from the rest of the world and isolated you. You loved this spot in particular because you could easily sit and think for hours without being interrupted. At least that's what you thought.

"Y/N?"

You turn, eyes widened in surprise at the figure stood a couple feet away from you. Donghan's eyebrows were raised in confusion. "What are you doing up here all alone?" He asks.

"What am I doing here? What are you doing here?" You ask with a teasing smile while standing from the bench that was on the roof.

Donghan was a lot taller than you. You were always so envious of his long legs. His hair was dyed a black color. You first met Donghan when the two of you were in the same dance group.

"I wanted to visit you," Donghan smiles softly. "I tried knocking on your door, your roommate answered. She said you would be up here."

You hum. "I love it up here."

Donghan glances out at the sky. He glances back at you. The colorful sky seemed to reflect your face, dancing in your eyes. The colors seemed to have you appear more beautiful than he's ever seen you. Donghan nibbles on his bottom lip. "Beautiful." He whispers.

You glance to your right, your eyes connecting with his. Your heart practically leaps out of your chest as you make eye contact. Donghan clears his throat and turns away, his cheeks flushing red the slightest bit. You bite your bottom lip and turn to look back out at the sky.

"So what did you need?" You ask.

"I just wanted to see how you were doing. We haven't really talked since I debuted in JBJ." Donghan explains, seemingly relaxing.

"I've been doing fine. I left the dance group," you sigh while tapping your fingers against your knee.

"Why?" Donghan asks.

You laugh a little. "I just felt that I needed a change, you know? I became a trainee under SM Entertainment."

"Really?" Donghan asks excitedly.

You nod. "Yeah, I was surprised they accepted me. I even got accepted to JYP, but my roommate also got accepted to SM so it was only natural that I chose them."

"That's amazing." Donghan smiles. "I never knew you could sing."

You laugh and run a hand through your hair. "I never knew either until my roommate pointed it out and forced me to audition with her." It was true. You never thought of yourself as a singer, you only ever enjoyed dancing. Dancing was your passion. But you grew tired of it as time passed, dancing to the same songs over and over. It was tiring to say the least. But your roommate managed to spark something within you, forcing you to sing for her and then forcing you to audition with her. Everything lead from there.

"I'm really proud of you," Donghan smiles.

"I just wish that I knew I had this skill much earlier so I could have used it to my advantage and debuted at a younger age." You laugh jokingly.

Donghan smiles sadly. "Well you lived your life to the fullest before becoming a trainee, which is great considering you could have lost your time as a teenager if you spent a few years training."

"The staff are saying I have a good chance of debuting next year, or two years from now." You say.

Donghan's smile seems to brighten at this. "That's great!"

"Not as great as you having your debut," you smile. "What's it like being a solo artist?"

"It's a little lonely at times without the members, but I'll get use to it. The fans are so amazing. I honestly didn't expect as big of a reaction as I got with this solo debut." Donghan explains.

"Sunset is an amazing song," you smile.

"You were actually my inspiration." Donghan admits.

Your eyes widen at his sudden confession. "What?"

"Remember a few years ago, while we were busy being teenagers and running around with the others? I was thinking of that night where you stopped in the middle of the park to watch the sunset, you looked beautiful that night. I could never seem to get that image out of my head. And even now, sitting here with you, I want this moment to last forever."

Your face flushes at his words. It was no lie that you liked Donghan, even before he debuted. There was just this certain charm to him that always drawed you closer. You hated the fact that you could never control your crazily beating heart around him, but with time you grew use to it. He was like a dream that was out of reach, but here he is right now, confessing to you on the roof top of your apartment.

"Donghan.. I don't know what to say," you whisper.

"Say that you'll be mine." You didn't notice how close Donghan was until now. You could see his dark irises, the sunlight reflecting off of them which made his eyes seem more.. captivating. He was beautiful. Donghan leans in and presses his lips to yours softly, your stomach flipping. The kiss doesn't last long. He pulls away a few seconds later.

"I'm yours."

Cringyyyyyyy

Sorry. Anywayyyy..... happy birthday to Inseong of SF9! My birthday twin, even though he's like 9 years older than me.