Mark Tuan X Reader

You stared at the wall blanky, your heart sinking to the bottom of your stomach. Mark sat beside you as he tried to bring you back to reality. It was too painful to even think about. The simple thought of your boyfriend cheating on you. When you found out, Mark was the first person you called. He was there by your side within ten minutes.

There were no tears. You felt numb. Betrayed. Of course you felt betrayed, you were heart broken that the first boy you'd fallen head over heels for had been cheating on you the entire time. You felt broken. You trusted him, you loved him, and you gave him your all. It hurt.

"Y/N," Mark trails off.

His hand clutches your comfortingly. You squeeze his hand in response. "I'm fine." You whisper.

Mark doesn't say anything. He watches you closely, studying your expression. Your eyes. Mark knew you like the back of his hand, having grown up beside you. He was the one to convince you to become a trainee with him under JYP. When he debuted, you remained a trainee to continue studying until you graduated. That's when you met the man you grew to trust, the man you gave your delicate heart to. In some ways, Mark felt as if it were his fault for not protecting you from a man like him. He was your best friend. He loved you with every fibre in his being, with his entire heart. But he held his feelings back. Seeing you like this, torn up over a boy who broke you, it hurt him. His heart ached as he longed to pull you into his arms and do his best to comfort you.

"No you're not." Mark whispers.

You tried your best not to break down. Rarely did you cry in front of anyone, it was something you frowned upon. You hated the pity. But Mark was your best friend, the last time he saw you cry was when you scraped your knee for the first time as a kid while riding a bike. Mark carried you back home and helped your mother patch up your knee. He was by your side then to comfort you. Your eyes watered with tears now, your heart aching.

"What did I do wrong.." you trail off, the five words leaving your lips shakily. Your heart ached, leaving a certain pain in your chest.

"You did nothing wrong," Mark says quickly. He lifts his hand to your face and caresses your cheek. "You did absolutley nothing. He's nothing but some low life who thought it was funny to toy with a girl's heart."

"But I loved him.. I told him everything, he was my first. I-I don't know what to do Mark. I thought he loved me." Your voice is scratchy, from hours of crying before Mark had even reached you. You're close to tears.

Mark pulls you to him, allowing you to rest your head in his chest. He rubs your back. "I'm so sorry you have to endure this Y/N."

You don't push him away. You pull him closer, allowing yourself to finally let your walls down. You allow yourself to cry in front of your best friend. You allow yourself to feel the pain, because if you don't, then you'll never learn or grow from it.

Two months later

"Let's go on a trip," Mark suggests as he plops down into the chair across from you.

You sip your iced Americano. "I'm listening."

"You've been studying hard for your finals, and Spring break is approaching so I thought it be best that you have a break from all the stress." Mark smiles.

His hair was blonde again. The first time he'd dyed blonde was during their Just Right comeback. You had to admit that blonde was a nice color for him. GOT7 recently had their Look comeback, and you were there to support them throughout their promotions all while studying for your finals. It would be great to get away for a while, to finally feel alive after everything that has happened in the last two months. Mark was by your side through it all, he helped you get over your ex and realize that none of it was your fault. When your ex had come crawling back, Mark was the one to send him away with a few choice words.