Choi San X Reader

Sleepiness urged you to close your eyes and lie your head down to fall asleep, but the dreading thought of the deadline at midnight helped you fight your sleep a little longer. It was only ten at night and you were already tired from the long day you had in class and at work. Being a college student while working a part time job took a toll on your body at times. You were constantly tired and always needing a goodnight's rest, but never got it.

Your desk was a mess of notes and endless papers in which you'd scribbled information on in your sloppy handwriting. You suddenly regretted choosing the path of furthering your education instead of going down the same path as your best friend and brother had. Speaking of, San had called you a total of three times in the last ten minutes. Your phone was currently buzzing insistently on your desk. With a tired sigh you grab it and answer the call, a little irritated.

"What do you need San?"

"That's not a proper way to greet your best friend whom has missed you very much." He responds.

A smile tugs at your lips. "My apologies. To what do I owe the- yeah I'm not playing along," you snort.

"Do you want to go out and eat?" He asks.

"Aren't you supposed to be sleeping or something for a schedule in the morning?" You ask, your voice a little distant as you attempt to re-read one of the notes you scribbled yesterday.

"It's our day off tomorrow, I technically don't have to be back at the dorm until like twelve in the morning. Wooyoung and the rest of the members are going out to eat." He mentions your brother.

"Wooyoung's disowned me," you roll your eyes.

"I can claim you."

The two of you fall silent. You resist the urge to scream at that moment. San had always been a huge flirt towards you, but you'd simply brush it off as part of his personality. Sometimes his flirting did impact you at times. This was one of those times.

"That came out wrong, wait-" the two of you burst into laughter.

"Listen," you finally say as you both calm down. "I totally would love to go out and eat with you, but I'm trying to finish this informative essay that's due at twelve, so I can't."

"Relax. I'll bring the food to you. Your favorite?"

His question shocks you. Sure the two of you have been close friends since Wooyoung introduced you to him, and you were practically attached to the hip since, but it still shocked you that San knew things about you that your brother didn't. San paid attention to the smaller details. He knew your favorite flower, color, snack, etc. Not only did this often shock you, but his considerate personality as well. He was always very caring towards you. Catering to your cravings when you'd mention you wanted a certain a drink or snack, he would bring it to you. He was someone that you'd wish to end up with in the future.

Half an hour later San shows up at your small studio apartment with two bags of food. One with your meal and the other with his from your favorite ramyen place near his dorms.

"You're a total life saver, you know that?" You ask as you take the bags from him and usher him inside your apartment.

"I've been told that several times, yes," San nods as he switches his shoes for a pair of slippers that were specially for him.

He follows you into the living room where you set out the food on your coffee table, one of your favorite Kdramas playing in the background quietly. San settles beside you, his knee brushing against yours as he reaches over you to grab the sack that sat beside you, pulling out two pairs of disposable chopsticks. He hands you yours after breaking them for you.

Soon, the two of you are eating and comfortably watching the drama silently. You're pressed against San's side due to the lack of space he'd created between the two of you. He'd finished eating long before you and his arm was now resting over your shoulders. You'd grown used to the skinship San often displayed a few months into your friendship. He was always very touchy with his closest friends, so you never really looked too much into it. You figured it was only San being San.

When you finished eating your noodles you glanced at the time, sighing as you realized that you now only had an hour to work on your essay. You remove San's arm and stand up, stretching. "I hate college." You yawn.

San grabs your wrist and tugs you back down beside him. He wraps his arms around you and forces you to stay sitting.

"San, I have to work on my essay," you whine.

"You probably haven't even finished your introduction," he mumbles against your shoulder.

You refuse to tell him that he was right. "The professor said he'd dock five points off if it's not turned in before class tomorrow." You attempt to unwrap yourself from his arms, which proves to be futile as he simply pushes you to lie down with him beside you, still wrapped in his arms.

"When do you have him tomorrow?" He asks.

"At one in the afternoon," you grumble.

"You'll have all morning to work on it." He states.

"But-" "no buts. You're staying right here with me until I leave back to the dorms. I never get to spend any time with you anymore."

"You're so childish." You grumble, eventually allowing yourself to relax in his arms. You twist around to wrap your arms around his torso, lying your head on his chest.

Chan grins. He buries his face in your hair. "You love me."

"Perhaps."