Chae Hyungwon X Reader

"I don't think this is a good idea," you mumble with a sigh.

Your friend, Jisung, only shrugs in response and does a once over on your outfit. "I don't think it's a bad idea at all," she replies as she pulls you towards the door.

Jisung leads you towards the door of your dorm room and opens it. She smiles as she practically shoves you out. "I mean, it's good that you're finally going out for the first time in awhile. You've been crammed in here studying your butt off, and this boy has been wanting to go out with you since the beginning of the semester."

You sigh and stuff your hands in your pocket. "But I don't even like him, I don't want to lead him on." You say.

Jisung rolls her eyes and flicks her hand. "Get going, he said he'll meet you at the café a block from here," she said while shutting the door in your face.

You sigh and slowly leave the dorms of the university you stayed out. As much as you loved Jisung, she always attemptes to set you up on dates. Most of them were awkward and always ended badly. She claimed that you needed to get out more, experience a relationship and not completely focus on school work and work in general. She wanted you to have fun and enjoy your life, you wanted the complete opposite. You were content with staying inside and binge watching TV shows, studying, or even just browing the internet.

It was getting late. The sun was beginning to set, casting a purplish, bluish look on the cloudless sky. The moon was bright. The weather was quite warm but the temperature was beginning to drop with the setting sun, you could tell it would be chilly within no time. You make your way inside the café that Jisung had intsructed for you to go to, claiming that the boy would be waiting for you in front.

You rub your hands nervously on your jeans. As much as you denied it, these dates that Jisung always managed to set up always left you feeling nervous. You weren't the outgoing type, so it made it hard for you to hold a conversation with someone that you hardly knew. When you reach the café you're greeted with the sight of a tall, lanky boy. His hands were stuffed deep in his pockets as he leaned against the wall and stared up at the sky, admiring it's beauty.

You clear your throat. "Chae Hyungwon?"

He looks down. His eyes were mesmerizing. He was beautiful to say the least. Hyungwon was model material, you wouldn't deny that. He smiles at you. "Y/N?"

You nod, forcing an awkward smile. He was out of your league. You wondered how Jisung was even able to set you up on this date. Hyungwon kicks himself off the wall and holds out a hand for you to shake, the dazzling smile not once leaving his lips. You smile and shake his hand. His hand was much larger than yours.

"It's nice to meet you," he says genuinely.

You smile. "You as well. I'm really sorry if Jisung put you through a lot of trouble to be here."

"Don't be, she didn't have to go through much," he smiles.

A few minutes later you're sat at a table as Hyungwon orders your drinks. Your heart is pounding in your chest, you were nervous. He was far too good looking that it made you worry. During your mini freak out Jisung messages you, asking how the date is going so far. You quickly message her back, asking how she even managed to get someone like to agree to go on a date with someone like you. You don't have the time to see her response as Hyungwon returns, sitting across from you.

He begins a conversation with you, asking you your interests and hobbies. You answer his questions honestly. In return you ask him the same questions. What surprised you was that Hyungwon spoke of being a trainee at Starship Entertainment, he was to appear on a survival show. You spoke with him and learned more about him and his personality, slowly growing comfortable with the boy. You don't notice but the time seems to pass by quickly, but you feel as if you're frozen in time with Hyungwon. The both of you spend two hours sitting at the table, your drinks long gone and just simply talking.

Hyungwon was like someone you had never met before. He was down to earth, kind, beautiful inside and out, and was someone that you could see yourself spending more time with in the future. The conversation seemed to flow with him. It was almost like the two of you clicked and understood each other. That was rare for someone like you. Everything came natural, the small flirting here and there, the smiles, and the laughter. It was almost like you had known him for a long time.

Soon it becomes late. Hyungwon walks you back to your dorm, listening to you as you speak of your hometown. He was genuinely interested in you, and that surprised you. You thought of yourself and your life story as a boring thing, but Hyungwon didn't think that way. He listened, drinking in every single detail you gave him. As you're walking Hyungwon gives you his jacket to wear, noticing your shivering from the wind that had picked up. Before you know it the two of you reach the front of your dorm building.

"I had a nice time," you admit.

Hyungwon smiles. "I'm relieved to hear that. I had an amazing time as well," he admits with a huge grin.

Your stomach flips. He was undeniably attractive, and as much as that made you nervous you knew not to be worried. There was just something about him.

"I hope to see you again some time soon," Hyungwon raises an eyebrow.

You nod with a smile. "Of course."

And thus began a blooming relationship.