Jung Hoseok X Reader

He tiredly enters the apartment, his feet dragging against the hardwood floors as he trudges through the dark apartment. It was late at night. Hoseok wanted nothing more than to go to sleep and stay in bed all day tomorrow. It was three in the morning. He's been practicing a lot later than usual to perfect his routines, not wanting to make a single mistake on stage while they're performing overseas at one of the biggest American shows. The pressure was like a weight that was crushing his chest, he couldn't catch his breath.

Hoseok enters the bedroom and smiles softly upon the sight he's met with. You're lying on top of the covers, your book resting open on your stomach as you slept peacefully with the lamp still on beside you. He drops his bag and moves around the room quietly, grabbing the things he would need for a shower. He disappears into the bathroom for twenty minutes, eventually emerging in a pair of sweats and a baggy t-shirt. Hoseok runs a hand through his still wet hair and goes to your side of the bed, sitting down on the edge as he reaches out and caresses your cheek. You groan and try to swat his hand away, turning away. Hoseok chuckles at your actions and grabs your book gently from you, marking your page.

Although Hoseok was always away and would return late at night, he loved to return home to you. Sometimes you would be awake, waiting for him. It was those nights that Hoseok would feel bad for you. He loved with all his heart, and he knew that you were struggling being alone all the time. But he also knew that you understood. Other nights he would return to you sleeping, and it was during those nights that he was absolutely thankful for you. You kept the apartment nice and homey, a place in which he can return to and relax and be himself.

Hoseok switches the lamp off and then crawls over you to his side of the bed, pulling the blankets back. You wake up. "You're home?" Your voice is groggy.

"Go back to sleep," Hoseok demands as he helps you underneath the blankets in your half asleep state.

You hum quietly and crawl under the blankets, allowing yourself to collapse back into the pillows. "Where's my book?" You ask drowsily.

"On the table," Hoseok chuckles and wraps an arm around you. He pulls you into his chest.

You allow yourself to rest against him, feeling a lot more at home. The apartment didn't feel like home without him. The two of you were young and in love when you first decided to move in together, but as Hoseok's group skyrocketed, it was almost impossible to see him. He was constantly away, either attending shows in America or he was at the studio or the practice room. He devoted all his time to his group. Truth be told, he spoke with you in the past about the possibility of disbandment, the reason remained unknown to you. But as the year passed you witnessed Hoseok and his closest friends slowly regain their passion towards the thing they loved the most. You were happy for him.

"What time do you have to go in tomorrow?" You ask.

"I have a day off, they're allowing us a day to rest." Hoseok answers you silently, running his fingers through your hair. He tugs at the ends of your hair.

"That's good." You yawn.

Hoseok nods, smiling. "I missed you."

"I missed you, too." You admit, still half asleep.

"Let's stay in all day tomorrow," he says.

"That sounds nice," you agree.

"As a matter of fact," Hoseok begins. "Let's stay in bed for the rest of our lives." He says with a grin.

"What if we get hungry?" You ask.

"We'll order takeout."

"What if we run out of money?"

"We won't."

"What if we lose our jobs?"

"Stop worrying," Hoseok nudges your shoulder. 

"I guess that wouldn't be an entirely terrible idea, but your fans need you," you smile.

"Not as much as I need you," Hoseok suddenly admits, pulling away a little to see your face. "Promise me, that no matter what happens in the future, you'll always stay with me?"

"Of course I will." You say, leaning up to press your lips softly to his.

Hoseok smiles into the kiss. His heart warms inside his chest. It's in that moment that Hoseok realizes that his life really is complete. As long as he had you to help and guide him, things would be okay.