Song Mingi X Reader

You groan, your hands tugging at the ends of your hair. The paper you've been working on for the past two hours now has fried your brain. It was nearing two in the morning and the paper was due at seven in the morning. You felt as if you were never going to be able to get this paper done at this rate.

Your phone buzzes, startling you. Most of your friends would be asleep by now aside from one. You unlock your phone, clicking on the message app. It was a message from Mingi.

You've been friends with Mingi for a year now, having met him through your brother Yunho. The two of you message each other every once in a while, your friendship began with Mingi due to both of your interest's in rapping. You yourself were a trainee, except you were a trainee under Big Hit Entertainment while Mingi was under KQ with your brother. He debuted a month ago. Unlike your brother, you were not blessed with height, which left you to look like a child when you stood near either Mingi or Yunho. Mingi often teased you for your height, which is probably why Mingi nicknamed you.

Are you still up munchkin?

You resist the urge to call him a few choice words, deciding to remain civil. You were in no mood to argue at this time of hour.

Shouldn't you be sleeping? I'm sure you have a schedule in the morning.

You send the message to him without a second thought, returning your attention to the computer in front of you. Oh how you wished to throw it out the window and never see it again. Your phone buzzes a few times.

I actually don't have a schedule.

What are you still doing up munchkin?

You sigh, deciding to drop all thoughts of finishing this paper tonight. There was no way you were going to be able to finish it at this rate. You would rather accept ten deducted points for it being late rather than a fat zero on the paper. You construct a quick message to Mingi.

I have a paper due in the morning and I saved it until last minute, now I'm really beginning to regret my decisions leading up until now.

Mingi doesn't take long to reply.

Have you eaten dinner?

You frown. What did having dinner have to do with any of this?

No, I skipped out on eating. Not like I'm missing much.

The response you recieve shocks you.

What's wrong with you? That's probably why you can't think straight. Meet me at this convenience store.

There's an address linked to the message. You frown, unsure of whether or not you were really willing to leave your dorm at this hour of night alone, even if it were to meet Mingi. Another message is recieved a minute later.

If you don't, I'll come directly to your dorm's and drag you with me.

You eventually agree to meet him, a little reluctant as you dress into more suitable clothing. It was rather cold out so you made sure to wear a thick jacket, as well as a mask. Twenty minutes later you're finally standing in front of the convenience store, your hands buried deep inside your pockets. Mingi messaged you five minutes ago telling you that he was leaving his dorm, considering his dorm was much closer to the store than yours was.

You pull your phone out, turning the screen on to see if you missed a message from Mingi. At that same moment someone covers your eyes with their hands. Your heart pounds in your chest as you twist around quickly, slapping their hands away in the process, dropping your phone. Lo and behold, Mingi stood in front of you with a cheeky smile on his face. He bent down to grab your phone, twisting it around in his hands to see if any damage had been made. Luckily there wasn't.