(26) The Smart Kid

I'm back... I think.

Marco's POV

Ugh! I hate that (Y/N) took my place as the smartest kid in school. That means I'm just the safety kid. People have already started to make fun of me. What am I going to do? I've also been failing class just by thinking about it. The worst part is that she's popular too. I have to find out her secret.
.
*Timeskip brought by Max from Camp Camp*

I left a note in her locker saying for her to meet me at the back of Echo Creek High after school. Now, I'm just waiting for her.

"Hello?" She called. "Hey." I said sternly. "Umm, I got your note," She said, holding up the price of paper, "what do you want?"

"I want to know your secret." I growled, crossing my arms.

"Umm, I study?" She chuckled nervously. "Ugh, don't lie to me! There has to be some kind of cheat." I hissed.

"T-there isn't a-any cheat I s-swear!" She said, tearing up and taking a step backwards.

"You're impossible!" I yelled at her. Tears start streaming down her face and she runs away. I felt a twinge of guilt when I saw her. I plan to apologize.

*timeskip brought by the true gender: pain*

I got to school early today and found (Y/N) in the library, reading. "Hey." I said softly.

She looked up and her eyes widen. "What do you want." She muttered, looking back at the book.

"I wanted to apologize." I sighed and she looked up. "I'm just jealous! You took my place as the smart kid and now I'm just the safety kid." I said looking down.

As I looked up, I saw her walking over to me. I winced as I thought of what she was going to do, as she got next to me, she gave me a kiss on the cheek.

I blushed and she smirked. "It's okay." She said before walking out of the library

Wow.