(34) Christmas Ham

It was close to Christmas and everyone was having a dinner even though it wasn't even Christmas Eve yet. You and Marco were making the hams.

Your POV

I took out my phone to figure out how to cook the two hams that we got. Marco was watching YouTube. He's going to be sooo much help. Finally, I found something. "We need brown sugar and maple syrup for the glaze." I say to him.

After not getting a reply, I look up, see int him still watching YouTube. With a monotone look on my face, I walked over and slapped the phone out of his hand. "Hey!" He glared at me.

"Are you going to help me or not because I know your mom would LOVE to know how you did nothing to help." I growl with a smirk. He rolls his eyes. "Fine. What do we need." "Brown sugar and maple syrup." I say and he walks over to get the ingredients. He comes back over to me and forcefully shoves the stuff in my hands making me fall back a bit.

I glare at him once again. "Now what." I look at the phone, setting down the sugar and syrup. "Pepper and 1/4 teaspoon ginger." I sigh. He gets the pepper and the ginger, setting the stuff on the table that I put the others, returning to his phone that somehow wasn't broken. I sigh once again as I put the ingredients into a bowl and start to mix.

"We need to put them on two 9x13 pans and cover them a bit with ginger ale and oj." I say and almost immediately, the stuff is right next to the bowl with the glaze and he is back to the phone. I place both hams on the pans and cover them with the oj and ginger ale.

"We need to cover it with foil-" Instantly, the foil was thrown at me, barely missing my head. I didn't say anything, thinking I'd make him angrier. I wrapped the hams in the foil.

I set the oven to 350 degrees and started baking.

It took about 20 minuets before I took out the hams and put the glaze on them. "Done." I mumble, walking away with my head down. This seamed to get his attention. "(Y/N)? What's wrong?" "What's wrong? You've been a jerk all day! You almost hit me in the head with the foil!" His eyes widened as he didn't know.

He walks over to me with an saddened expression. He then wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me into a hug but I didn't hug back. "I'm sorry." He mumbled. "I just didn't get any sleep because everyone kept me up." I roll my eyes but hug back. "It's fine."

I know. It sucks.