Chapter Nine.

Don't Do This.

During the two months I ignored Demi, ignored her ex girlfriend at the gym. My life has been up and down. I can't believe she'd be so insensitive and cruel. I miss her though, as my friend but I refuse to let someone so toxic be in my life. I can't have that. Marissa still talks to Demi and they are still best friends. It's almost December so I'm excited for James to finally come home this Christmas and spend it with us.

"Yeah, she slept with Kim De Jesus" I hear Marissa say "Who?" I ask immediately "Demi, why?" She says, curious "No reason" I say, she nods and turns back "Yeah she literally didn't stop going on about it, saying how good it was me and Matthew were literally sat there so awkward listening to how much Demi enjoyed it" I hear my cousin say, jealousy clearly washes over me but I refuse to show it. Why am I jealous? "Can you not talk about her fucking some woman right in front of me?" I ask, she looks at me "Sophia, what's going on with you. You and Demi haven't spoken for two months, you guys were like best friends at the Barbecue" She says "She was insensitive and irrational, she blamed me for breaking her and Lauren up when in reality she wanted to kiss me. She then said something horrible to me about Paris, who I'm not fucking over" I say "It's honesty time you moved on Sophia, I know it's hard but you have to for yourself" She says, I look at her in disbelief and just walk out. I get in my car and just drive, i dont know where but I drive. Five hours later I wake up in a forest type thing, it looks very familiar. I then hear tapping on my window, I look and it's Demi, I frown before looking at my phone 110 missed called from Marissa, 76 from my parents and 234 from Demi, shit I wasn't gone that long. She opens my door and unclips my seatbelt. She turns me so I'm facing her "Don't rush to get over her. Don't feel you have to move on yet. I off all people know not to rush things. Let yourself grieve for her. I didn't know Paris had died until your outburst before the Barbecue, I thought it was a messy breakup. You have years on top of years to fall in love with someone else, Sophia. Don't rush your life, don't listen to Marissa she's just trying to make you happy. I promise you'll be okay" I hear her say, I look at her before slapping her around her face "You have no right to come here and tell me not to rush anything, you told me I ruined your happy ending. You wanted to kiss me. You have wanted to kiss me each and every time. For that day, Demi I felt close to someone I finally felt like I could move passed Paris and be happy elsewhere, but you ruined that. Plain and simple" I say, she nods and I put my head down "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hit you. Please forgive me for that" I ask, she looks at me and she just hugs me. Everything... from Paris dying, to my brother leaving, to meeting Paris, to leaving Paris all floods out. She moves me out of the car and onto the floor and she just holds me and slowly strokes my hair.

Once my crying has died down, she looks at me "I heard you got jealous that I slept with Kim?" She asks "1. That's a bad conversation starter. 2. Your sex life is nothing to do with me 3. I didn't get jealous" I say, she smirks a little and nods "Can we be friends again and not fall out over girls?" She asks, I nod and rest my head on her shoulder "So you wouldn't be pissed if I went and dated Kim?" She asks, I look at her... Yeah I would and I'm going to be pissed but you don't need to know me like that. You don't deserve to know me like Paris did "Nope, your love life is nothing to do with me, just don't kiss me when you're dating her otherwise you'll accuse me of ruining your happy ending again" I say, she chuckles "Why did you kiss me?" She asks... Just say it Sophia "Because I wanted to. I wanted to feel close to someone again, you remind me so much of Paris which is why I think I didn't like you at the start, your passion for things reminds me of her so badly and sometimes it hurts my heart because not in a bad way but you'll never be her. I don't think anyone could ever love me as much as she did... I know my feelings towards you Demi. I've denied them for a while and to be honest every time Marissa tells me to move on, the more I don't want to move my feelings forwards and actually care for someone like I did her" I reply, giving her the full truth "I remind you of her? Really?" She asks shocked "You do, very much" I reply, she puts her head down and smiles "I don't expect to be her, Sophia. I don't want to take her place in your heart. I don't want you to feel you have to like me. I want it to be natural, I know my feelings towards you too, but you've made it pretty clear you don't want us to move forward on them so I keep them to myself" I hear her say "I do like you Demi as one of my best friends and I'm pretty certain I have feelings for you, perhaps not deep ones YET, but I know they'll grow and I know Paris will be happy for me" I reply. She looks down "I think that's the problem, Sophia" She replies, I frown and she meets my eyes "I have strong feelings for you and I have ever since Marissa introduced us at the nightclub" She replies "Why did you date Lauren and then Kim if you had strong feelings for me?" I ask "I wanted you to know that I was hard to get. I wanted you to chase me, and then you didn't and I had to take it into my own hands" She replies "I can't date anyone yet, Demi. I'm not ready for dating yet, I want us to be close and I want us to be honest" I reply, she nods "I will wait for you, Sophia" She whispers as she plants a small kiss on my forehead...

Once Demi called Max to get my car because I'm not in a fit state to drive. She drives us to my house where Marissa runs out and hugs me, she has tears in her eyes "I'm so sorry. I need to be careful of my words, I'm so sorry Soph" She says, I smile "It's okay" I say "No, I'm so insensitive, what is wrong with me" She replies "Marissa it's okay, you helped me realise something and when I'm ready to date I will but that's not yet, I'm ready to confess my feelings and I already have. So please just stop telling me to move on and date" I say, she nods straight away and kisses my cheek "Wait... Who did you confess your feelings too?" She asks, Demi looks up and I look back at her and she gives me a warm smile before I turn back "Demi?!" She asks, I nod and she chuckles "Good joke" I hear her say, laughing. When she doesn't hear me and Demi join in she stops "So you guys are dating now?" She asks, we both shake our head "We're getting to know each other, we know feelings are there but we aren't moving to dating until I'm ready" I say, Demi smiles and rests her hand on my shoulder "That could takes years, Demi are you prepared?" Marissa chuckles, I push her arm and laugh

"I'll wait for her, no matter how long it takes"

!A/N¡

Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I go back to College next week but I'll keep my schedule on this book. I hope you all had a brilliant Christmas and New Years. I hope 2018 is blissful.

Sophia and Demi finally confessed their feelings!!! What's going to happen next when Sophia moves to New York?

Comment anything you want to see in the book, and I'll add it in if possible. DM me if you need anything!

All the love, M x