Chapter Thirty-Six...

March For Our Lives

Today is such an empowering day for both Demi and I, she has her last show in two days which finalises the Tell Me You Love Me Tour, for now anyway, she plans to go to Asia and Australia but hasn't announced anything yet. Following the Mass Shooting that took place in February, there is now a march taking place today that Demi is performing at and I am speaking at, it's about gun control and obviously considering what happened and has been happening recently in the world me and Demi didn't hesitate to go to the march. My parents will also be marching alongside Kehlani who has been really hostile towards me lately, I will be following up on that, Lauren Jauregui is attending same with Matthew who I insisted came for Demi and I. Me and Demi are actually arriving separately for safety reasons so I'll be going with my parents and their security and she will have hers, although I sent some of our security to Demi as I don't want her to get ambushed there, but she doesn't know that I sent them.

Arriving at the March I am met with a few of the Parkland shooting survivors, one being Emma Gonzalez who I have wanted to meet since it happened, I spoke to her on the phone a few days before Demi and we had a good chat and I'm happy we're finally meeting, "Thank you so much for coming and speaking today" She says to me "Thank YOU for using your voice to unite us as a country and us as a union, YOU will make history today" I say before we embrace in a hug. I'm bringing some of past up in my speech today and I am so nervous. I meet with a few more survivors before people start going out. I see Kehlani and she smiles at me "Lani" I say to her, she turns around "Are you okay?" I ask her, she nods "Are we okay? I've noticed you've become a litt-" I don't get to finish because I hear the voice of my girlfriend "Baby" I hear her say coming behind me, noticing Kehlani roll her eyes, she kinda bites her tongue "Hey babe" I reply. Soon after she has to go on stage where she sings 'Skyscraper' and it's so so beautiful "Tell me what's going on Lani" I say "I can't tell you yet, Sophia. We'll go for coffee after this okay?" She states, I nod before welcoming Demi off stage, she did a small speech "You did amazing my love" I state. I get my speech from Max, i dont know why he had it but he did and Demi kisses my lips before I walk on stage. I get to the microphone "I'm Sophia Parker" I start off "On March 13th 2018, I nearly lost my life in a shooting" I reply "I nearly lost my life to a 16 year old boy. BOY, a boy who had no idea why he disliked me, no idea how to control this firearm, no idea what damage it could've cause, no idea what damage it did cause" I state "Today is the first day I have been out without a scarf or without my hair over my BULLET wound scars" I state "This boy who I saw daily on my walk to my gym, always seemed nice, however, the second I take that same route with my girlfriend, acting the same, always smiling at him, he decides he wants to take my life" I reply becoming emotional "But I survived and he's one of few who actually get the punishment they deserve and I am one of few who survived being shot" I say tears now running down my face "In September of 2010, my best friend was studying in class for a test we needed to do, we needed to pass this test when a man of just 18 walked in firing bullets at children only years younger than him, I had to take that day of because my parents were travelling otherwise that could've been me but instead it was my best friend. Children ranging from 6 upwards lost their lives that day" I say "No More" I reply "I was lucky enough to speak to Emma a few days after the Parkland shooting and considering what she had just experienced, hiding for 6 minutes and 20 seconds whilst her class mates got murdered she had a vision, she had this plan to tackle this disgusting thing and it amazed me, SHE amazed me. I'm lucky enough to call her my friend. Enough is Enough" I state raising my hand "We must not give up, we must not feel threatened, and we most certainly must not say yes to gun violence" I state "Enough is Enough" I say "Thank you" I reply before the crowd cheers and I walk towards some of the people sat, we indulge in what tries to be a group hug before I crawl my way out. I see Demi and her team in tears, I see Kehlani in tears, my parents, Matthew and Marissa all crying . My parents are stood also emotional. Demi gets me in a hug and I bury my head into her "I'm so proud of you" She says as she strokes my hair, I sob into her arms and she whispers sweet words to me before she pulls away to wipe my tears "You made history today" She whispers before kissing my lips "I love you" I whisper against her "I love you more" She smiles. I hug everyone else before we continue to watch everyone else's speech, all of them making me cry and making me smile at how united we came.

I'm in love with you, Sophia

"So what did I do to make you so hostile towards me?" I ask Keh as we sit in a cafe, I told Demi I would call her later considering we leave in two days for the last show in England. She sighs "It's not something you did personally, it was more me" I hear her say "So why blame me?" I ask her, she bows her head "Because I thought it was your fault" She replies, I frown "Okay, so what is it?" I ask, she starts fiddling with her spoon in her coffee "Please don't get mad at me or anything..." I hear her say, I'm becoming quite scared now. "I've been ignoring you, even muting your posts from instagram, because I'm in love with you..." She whispers but still audible, my eyes open "What?" I reply "I'm in love with you" She states again, I look at her "And I hate myself for it because you're so happy with Demi but I can't help how I feel and I'm normally so open about this but I get so nervous around you" I hear her say, I'm in shock by her words "Please say something" I hear her mutter "I don't know what to say, I'm in shock Lani, I never expected you to say this, if anything I thought you were still in love with Shaina" I say to her still in disbelief "I'm sorry, I am, I had to tell you because you were noticing things and i dont know if we can be friends knowing these feelings" She states "I'm with Demi, I'm in love with Demi, you had to know this wasn't going to happen right?" I ask her, she looks down "I just figured I saw how you looked at me and I thought you'd feel the same... and leave her for... me" she states, I look up "Oh god. When we first met I did have a crush on you but then I realised we are so much better as friends and I love Demi and I'd never hurt her like I did when I slept with Juan. I'm sorry, it's just not going to work, just please leave me alone" I say standing and walking out of the coffee shop.

I drive home and I'm greeted with my dog "Hey baby" I say as he jumps up me, he's getting big. I have to be open with Demi and tell her. I hear voices come through the door and I brace myself, I feel arms wrap around my waist and kisses on my neck "Hey pumpkin" I hear her whisper, I smile "Hello" I reply, I turn around in her arms and she looks at me "I need to talk to you" I say taking her hand and leading her to my room, she kind of smirks thinking it's going to be something sexual. I close the door behind her and she sits on the bed "I met up with Lani today for Coffee" I say, she nods "She told me something that shocked me but made sense" I reply, Demi stays quiet "She told me she's in love with me" I reply "What?" Demi asks, I repeat it and she looks away "And she thought that maybe I felt the same and she asked if I'd leave you for her" I reply, I see tears in Demi's eyes and I rush to her side "I'd never leave you for her, you know that right?" I say grabbing her hand, she nods but still looks away "Demi, look at me" I say, she slowly does and I look her dead in the eye "I'd never leave you for someone else. I love you, Demetria" I reply, holding her face in my hands "Only you" I whisper against her lips... Once Demi knows and she's accepted I'm not leaving her... I begin to tease her a little by sliding my hands up her shirt and inside her pants... we're just playing a little but once it's died down she looks at me "Baby?" She asks, I look at her "Do I have anything to worry about? In reference to Kehlani trying anything with you?" She asks...

!Hey Guys! 

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, definitely ready for this Kehlani drama.

It's going to get a little worse... Maybe Kophia can make an appearance? Who knows.

I made this chapter specifically because I am so passionate about Gun violence, luckily I live in London so there is a law on guns, however I know that doesn't stop someone getting a firearm, not to mention a close family friend has been attacked with a firearm.

Don't forget to VOTE and comment, I read and take in any comments/suggestions.

All the love, M x