Chapter Fifteen

Demi's past...

"I need you to understand that I am not this person anymore, I'm still not fully recovered but it's a working progress" Demi says, I look at her and nod... She goes into full detail about her past talking about her being bullied to her attempting to kill herself, she starts crying as she talks about how she isn't over her eating disorder yet. I listen to every word and take it in until I finally speak "Demi... No matter what you've been through, no matter what you go through, I will never ever judge you on it. You're beautiful and you're special and you mean a lot to me. If you feel bad about eating something please tell me, if you don't want to eat at a restaurant we go to, tell me please because I want to help you, D. I want to be a reason you smile too, and I want to be a reason you get over your eating disorder, I know it's not simple, I do but I'm here, I'll help anyway I can, I promise" I reply, she leans down and kisses my lips "I really am grateful for you, Soph" She replies. "I promise it'll all be okay" She smiles at me. "Sophia, wake up" I hear my annoying cousin shout "What?" I ask "Paris' sent a letter" I hear her say, I shoot up immediately "What?" I reply "A letter came in the post for you, from Paris" I hear her repeat herself. I sit up almost immediately... Demi woke up and looks over my shoulder....

My Darling, Sophia.

I wanted to send this when I knew you could understand and I knew you were moving on. My brother would obviously send this and then address another one to your partner, when he feels and sees it's getting serious. I am assuming this is your first relationship since my passing, or maybe I am wrong and he just didn't get round to sending it. I want you to know that I love you, I CAN see you, even though this is prewritten, I will see you and I'll protect you. I promise whenever any bad thing happens I'll stop it, I'll make sure if any life threatening illness comes, you won't leave. I want to love you I do, but it's time to let someone who can cherish and love you, like I did or even more than I did. If they hurt you once, take them back, only once though, you know I don't want my princess hurt. If I could be down there loving you and cherishing you, I would be. I would do anything but God didn't need me down there anymore and needed me as his angel upstairs, to watch and care for you here. I'm now assuming you finished University and did amazing? Don't over stimulate your brain, don't let people walk all over you. I wanted to send this also, because I'm finally letting you go, Soph, I'm letting that final piece of your heart go. I want whoever your with to love it even more than I did. I want them to fall in love with you just like I did. Don't be afraid to let go babe, in every department... I will always love you...

All my love always, Paris x

Warm tears fall down my face, I look at Marissa who is sat in front of me "Soph..." She says, I don't look up "I'm okay" I reply, Demi rests her head on my shoulder "Can you give us a minute, Rissa?" I hear Demi ask, she nods and rests her hand on my shoulder. Demi replaces Marissa's position and looks at me, she lifts my head up with her fingers and smiles "I will protect you with everything in me, Sophia. I will make Paris proud by protecting and keeping you safe. I won't let you down, and I won't let Paris down. I know we aren't dating but I will make sure you do not get hurt" I hear her say. I cup her face with my hands and kiss her lips, I pull her up so we're both on the bed, her legs either side of me and she's straddling me. I rest my hand on the waistband of her pants before she pulls away "I will wait" she says as she pecks my forehead. Marissa soon joins us back in my room, I put the letter in my drawer and watch the movie with Demi and Rissa. Demi kinda drops back into sleep and Marissa is hella engrossed with the movie we are watching, I hear Demi's phone go off 3 times considering it's between us and vibrated three times, I look down and it's a missed call from I assume Lauren, I heard they were back in contact but didn't have any confirmation plus I dont really mind and then two messages from someone called 'Iskra' I think nothing of it until this same person messages again, I pick it up after Marissa then complains about it, Demi still asleep. I put it on silent but another message then appears and I read it "Who the fuck is that, its so annoying" Marissa groans. I read the message and it says 'Hey, I heard you and Sophia Parker are dating now, well it's hella lucky she doesn't know you were with me the day you saved her from staying, your friend, Marissa definitely did well with keeping it from her, sorry I'm late contacting but I've been busy. Meet up with me soon, I'm in LA for a while' I read... "Who's Iskra?" I ask, Marissa kinda looks away "Marissa answer the question" I say, she sighs "Demi and her had a hook up months ago" I hear her reply "Months ago? You mean the day you burst onto my plane and got me to stay? She was with her that morning Marissa" I say, becoming slightly pissed. I know I'm being petty but with Demi's bad relationship past, I don't want to be a fling. She has to be serious about this. "It didn't mean anything and I told her to leave before me and Demi came to get you" I hear Rissa explain. Soon enough Demi wakes up confused "She was my ex, she was someone I kept around for when I was bored. I didn't think you were going to forgive me Sophia. I didn't want to try and force you... However, saying that you didn't have any right to go through my phone" Demi says, tiredness clearly still in her voice "It was consistently vibrating and ringing, we were trying to watch a movie, I was just going to turn it on silent when she sent that message" I explain "We aren't dating Sophia, you don't have that right yet. I'm sorry" She says, I get up to leave "Don't walk away from the argument, you told me communication was the key but you want to walk away" I hear Demi say "You're right, I don't know if I can trust you, you act so serious to me but then I see messages like that or on social media and stuff and it makes me very insecure like, this is my first proper relationship in two years, I'm very worried, and I have every right to be" I reply "Look on my phone at the last time I messaged her properly" Demi says, I open her phone and it reads the night before she got me to stay which is almost two months ago "This was her messaging me, I haven't messaged anyone unfaithfully since we decided to remain faithful. I told you I dont want anybody else and I meant it, if you want me to block her, I will but I feel like you should try and trust me a little bit more, please" She replies, Marissa now engrossed in the movie again. I look at Demi "I'm sorry, I'll work on this I promise, im just skeptical... I do trust you, I just don't trust your exes" Demi nods "I should probably hear home anyway, I have to change and shower for Bomba's fight tonight, which are you still coming to?" She asks me, I nod "If you want me to still come?" I ask, she chuckles and nods "Kim is going to be there I prewarn you though" She reminds me, I nod. This is technically mine and Demi's first public outing where it's going to be televised, my parents actually know Bomba really well so they are also coming to his fight, I'm excited for all of this, it brings me closer to asking Demi to be my girlfriend....

!Hey guys!

I have had a lot happening these past two weeks, I'm very sorry for my lack of updates. I will definitely be uploading Wednesday, this is to make up for not updating. Please forgive me.

If you enjoyed this chapter, comment and VOTE!!! voting is all part of my feedback process, it doesn't take long to click the star.

Bombas fight is coming Wednesday... Two of Demi's exes in the same room as Sophia... Will her jealousy and insecurities get in the way and will Demi say some words Sophia doesn't exactly feel for yet?

Thanks for reading, don't forget to VOTE!!

All the love, M x