Chapter Seventy...

Sophia and Demi.

Liked by ddlovato, laurenjauregui, and 3,154,734 others

view all 5,983 comments
@ddlovato thank you for not only loving me through my darkest times but always being a shoulder for me to lean on. You saved me multiple times and I gave you a piece of my heart. I'll never stop loving you Sophia.
@dophiapovato im so sorry this happened. We still love and support you.
@laurenjauregui love you both 😔.

I know what you all are thinking. What happened? Well let me give you a catchup. Ever since Demi and I had been engaged, we argued a lot more. I dont know if it's because we were closer or we clashed more but it took its toll and in the end we just decided we couldn't do this. We tried for 2 months to make it work but decided friends is what we were best at. Has it hurt to just let her go? Yes. She has and will always have my heart. "Soph you ready to go?" Marissa asks, I nod and smile. I moved into my own apartment now. Demi and I haven't spoken since the breakup just that we can't keep the dogs apart because it's cruel so we'll meet twice a week so the dogs can interact. I have a recording session today and it's actually the first time I'm going to be seen since Demi and I broke up. I heard Demi already moved on but i dont know and to be honest I don't want to know.

"I dont know if i should name drop...?" I state "it's not in a malicious way, it could just be recent exes" Max Martin says, I think about it... "Okay how about..."

"Thought I'd end up with Juan
But he wasn't a match,
Wrote some songs about Lani..
Now I listen and laugh.
Even almost got married
And for Demi I'm so thankful.
Wish I could say thank you to Paris...
Cause she was an angel"'

"That's amazing, it fits your voice so well" Max says, I nod "We have to release this as soon as it's done" Kate says. I nod, agreeing. We manage to get through the whole song and have it recorded. I actually also start writing another song, this definitely caused some heartbreak songs. One called Without You featuring Halsey, I wrote that when Demi and I officially agreed to break up. We still lived together for a week ate we broke up and I just hid away in the studio until one day she came home and I had gone, I left her a note and that was that. Theres a song called Love Galore and I got Travis Scott to feature. "You know you have a performance tonight right?" Kate says, I nod as we sit back in the car "I know this breakup has affected you a lot. We are here and if you need a break please let us know" She states, I nod "I think I might take a vacation soon, if thats okay" I ask, my voice croaky "Yes of course, just let us know when and we will clear your schedule" Kate smiles, I smile back and we arrive at the arena I'm performing at. "So we're gonna do a quick Soundcheck, of course Demi is part of this I Heart show so we'll keep you guys apart" Kate says, I shake my head "We're bound to run into each other, it's fine" I say, I stand on the stage and see a few people sat on the seats. "So, do you want Thank U, Next on the setlist?" I hear "Yeah, Call Out My Name, Thank U, Next, Love Galore and Thru Your Phone" I ask "What about some up beat happier ones?" Kate asks nervous "How many songs can I have?" I ask "5" She replies "Scrap Thru Your Phone and add Without Me, also add Bed with Nicki and Sex with me" I ask, she smiles and nods. I start to sing Bed for soundcheck and the dancers are missing steps "Okay, it's the EASIEST choreography of the show. Are you going to cope with the rest of the choreography?" I ask, Vanessa sighs "Okay, from the top" She says. After an hour we get it nailed and I stroll backstage "Calm down, you are going to be okay out there" Vanessa says hugging me. I feel myself start to cry in her arms "What did we do so wrong that made us end so wrong?" I ask her "It could just be a break, love. You guys may find yourself back to each other, simply if it's meant to be" She states "Do you think it is?" I ask her, she chuckles "I always will" She states. Just as we pull away from the hug I hear the most contagious laugh ring through the speakers "Demi's sound checking" I state. I put my headphones on and go in my dressing room.

Show

So, its showtime and I enter the stage through a stair lift as sex with me plays... Finishing that song always sends the crowd crazy which makes me laugh, I sing Bed before going into Call Out My Name, where my voice breaks and I cry a little. I contain myself and begin speaking "Hey LAAAAA" I shout making everyone scream "What's going on? Tonight I thought I'd sing some new songs from my new albuuuum" I tease making them scream, I smile "This song I finished today, so it's very exclusive. It's called Thank u, Next" I smile as the opening chords play..

"Thought I'd end up with Juan
But he wasn't a match,
Wrote some songs about Lani..
Now I listen and laugh.
Even almost got married
And for Demi I'm so thankful.
Wish I could say thank you to Paris...
Cause she was an angel"'

As I sing Demi's and Paris' part I meet eyes with Demi and she smiles at me. I finish the song "We love you Sophia" I hear someone shout, i smile as I break into Love Galore, I bring out Travis for that song. "Thank you, Goodnight" I wave as I run off stage "How did I do?" I ask myself in the mirror "Amazing, you always do" I hear, I look at the reflection in the mirror and Demi's leaning against the door frame. I look down "Thank you" I say "Can I come in?" She asks, I nod and she steps in closing the door. "What's up?" I ask "Your new song" She states, I frown "Which?" I ask "Thank U, Next" She replies "Oh, yeah..." I say awkwardly "It's amazing, even if you name dropped" She says, I chuckle "It wasn't malicious" I say, she nods "I know, it's okay" She replies "How have you been?" She asks, resting her hand on mine, I look away from her "Okay, dealing with it. Keeping in the studio" I say "Don't overwork yourself, Soph" Demi says "Stop" I say "Stop what?" She asks "Acting like nothing happened" I state "I still love you Sophia, that won't change" She says. I look away as my eyes become teary. "Demi please" I ask, she looks at me "Sophia" She says "Look at me" She asks "It's okay... I'll support you no matter what" She says "I hurt you physically, Demi nothing can help me" I state. She smiles "I can help you. I know you didn't mean too, right?" She asks, I nod "I'm so sorry" I say as I crack. She wraps her arms around me "Shh, it's okay" She says stroking my hair. I pull away and wipe my eyes. She leans to kiss my lips and I hesitate at first, before she lands her lips on mine and I sigh into the kiss. How did I become so violent. I think... I pull away from her and look at her "I love you so much Demi. I'm sorry this happened" I say, she shakes her head "This isn't the end of us. We just need time. You need time, and it's okay to need that" She says . I nod "I'll see you around" Demi says, she kisses my cheek "See you around, D" I say, turning around to look in the mirror "Oh and Soph?" She says turning to look over her shoulder... I look at her through the mirror "I love you so much" She says, I give her a big smile "i love you more, D" I say as she closes the door...

Hey Guys.

Firstly, sorry I've been MIA for around a month. I've gone back to college and I'm head deep in work..

I hope you enjoyed this chapter... it was a surprise right? Sidenote: it's not forever.

I am so GLAD Demi's back in instagram and she's doing well. I missed her.

Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT any ideas/suggestions they all are considered.

All my love, M x