Chapter Forty-Seven...

A/N - The song Demi sings, for this book will be known as unreleased, but it's from the 'DEMI' album.

Why Didn't You Come Sooner?

It's been 2 months since Demi went into rehab, it's really weird not seeing her out and doing her thing, I've been busy myself, I finished Riverdale, although Vanessa and I still keep see each other. I've had interviews on top of interviews which has been stressful but my last one if today, so I'm excited then I am finally going to see Demi. I have heard she's been doing good but I think I should go and see myself.

-On Set with Ellen-

"Good morning, here with me for the second time in two months is Sophia Parker" Ellen says, I smile and walk out. I sit down "It's great to see you" She smiles "Long time no see" I chuckle, she starts asking questions about Riverdale and the cast "The cast is amazing, I was only there for a few episodes but they made me feel so welcome and loved" I gush about the cast "We noticed the last episode which is set to air this week, you get murdered right? Talk us through that" Ellen asks, I nod "Yeah, that was a great scene to film. So my character is dating Toni Topaz. Lucia is quite controlling and a bit of a sex freak, but loves to take care of her queen as shown in previous episodes but Veronica then seduces her in the last episode and with Toni and Cheryl making out, Lucia takes Veronica up on the offer but then Jughead and Archie shoot her in front of Toni and well... you can guess what Toni does to the boys" I say, she looks at me. "I definitely only watch the show because of you" She states, I laugh. "Now, may I ask a few questions about Miss Lovato and Miss Morgan?" Ellen asks, I roll my eyes laughing but not "So you and Demi called it quits?" She asks, I nod "Is everything okay? Are you guys friends?" She asks, I frown "I wouldn't say we're okay. We have mutual respect for each other now. No, we're not friends. We're civil" I state, she nods "Do you wish you and Demi could get back together?" She asks, I nod "Sometimes, yeah. I miss how we were, we laughed all the time and joked but we're both in new places" I smile "And your new place is Vanessa Morgan?" She smirks, I laugh "Actually no, Vanessa is one of my best friends. I love her, she's great" I smile...

-End interview-

I thank Ellen and her team for the interview before leaving the studios. I head towards the treatment centre becoming quite nervous actually. I am going to be here alone, considering Marissa and Demi's parents were reducing their visits as it leads up to Demi's final 15 days. I park in the parking lot and walk in making sure I had my identification with me. I walk to the desk "I'll send Holly fo you now" the receptionist states, I smile and wait "Sophia, hey" Holly smiles hugging me "You came for me?" She asks, I smile but shake my head "I came to see Demi" I say, her smile fades "Oh right, this way" She says, I look away following her. "She's in the music room, she'll be back soon" Holly says "Can I go down?" I ask, she nods and gives me directions. I follow them and see her back towards the door, she's playing the piano. I open the door quietly so she can't hear me...

Strong enough to leave you,

But weak enough to need you,

Cared enough to let you walk away...

I know one day eventually,

Yeah I know,

One day I'll have to let it all go,

But I keep it just in case..

Yeah, I'll keep it just in case...

I start clapping and she turns around "Sophia?" She says, I smile "That was really good so far" I state "Uh, thank you. It wasn't anything special" She says wiping her eyes "It sounded great" I say to her. I sit on a chair near the piano "How have you been holding up, D?" I ask softly "Why didn't you come sooner? Marissa said you had a few days free last week. You are who I wanted to see the most" She states, I look at her "Demi... I have been so busy, and I took those few days off to relax and reflect. I was planning on coming during those days I was but I needed to rest" I state, she looks at me "Holly help?" She asks, I sigh "There's nothing going on. Not that it would be of your business anyway, we're broken up Demi" I reply "But that night at my house, I thought it at least meant something" She asks, I nod "It did and it always will, Demi" I say, she frowns "Please at least think about us again, I've changed Sophia. I'm sober, I'm drug free" She replies "For how long?" I ask "For good, I lost and nearly lost the most important things in my life. I am a new person, I feel it. I've changed, I'm ready to be the woman I promised I'd always be... Please, you have to believe me" She says "I know you mean well, Demi but I have to protect myself" I say truthfully, she looks down "I really broke you didn't I?" She asks "Sadly... I thought you were my forever. You were my end game" I say, she looks up "I still can be. If you give me the chance" She states "That's a conversation I need to have with myself" I say, she nods... The conversation moves onto something else and it's like we were together again, we were just laughing and enjoying each other's company "Come I'll show you my room" She says, I nod and follow her "Demi dinner is in 15" Holly says "Oh Holly" I say, she nods "I was hoping you'd let me take Demi out for an hour or so" I say, she looks at me "Uh, let me run it by John" I hear her say, she nods and I follow Demi through to her room "You really got a solo room?" I say laughing, she looks at me and raises her eyebrow "I always get what I want" She says, I laugh even harder. I hear a knock and the laughter soon dies down "John said it's fine as long as she's back by 7:30" Holly says. I smile "Thank you" I say, she gives me a warm smile "You're going to need some coverup" I say, she frowns "I'm taking you for proper food" I smile, her eyes widen and her face brightens up "Really" She says "Yes!! That Chinese restaurant is calling our name" I say, she slips her Fendi sliders on and we go. I drive us to the restaurant, and give Demi a hat to put on, I see her roll her eyes and I start laughing. 

"How is everything going there?" I ask her, she looks down "Demi?" I ask "It's hard, I keep scratching and it's becoming a habit" She states, I frown "Can I see?" I ask, I move to the seat next to her. She rolls her sleeves up and it's like lots of grazes and scratches "You have 15 days left, D" I say, she nods "I know, it's hard. The only thing making me not do anything stupid is Maddie. I get to see her the day of my release" She explains, I nod "I'm really sorry I didn't come sooner. I didn't want to jinx your recovery by giving you false hope" I say, she sips her drink "That wouldn't of happened, you motivate me...you always have" She smiles...

!Hey Guys! 

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, Sophia is in the stages of contemplation and Demi is living her time in treatment...

Sorry for the delay on this video, I have had alot of college work to do.

Don't forget to VOTE and comment any ideas/suggestions I'm open to them.

All the love, M x