Chapter Fifty-Six...

Goodnight, Brother.

The day I have been dreading for weeks has finally creeped up on us. Today I say goodbye to my big brother. As brother and sister we clashed when we were younger, he always used to make sure I was happy though, before and after we moved to LA, before when we were in poverty daily and after when we were happy. He was my best friend and i dont know what I'm supposed to do.

"Good Morning Demi" I hear my father say, she has a black dress on which compliments her curves but flows to her knees "Good morning" She smiles. I ask towards the stairs and walk up them to my parents room. "Mom?" I say, she's sat at her dresser putting her earrings in "He bought me these for Mother's Day, this year" She whispers. I sit on the edge of her bed "He was so beautiful" She states "He's happier now, mom" I say holding back tears "Deep down, I know he is. I know he's at peace but what if I had helped him" She asks "He said nobody could, he said he was too far gone" I reply, she shakes her head, agreeing "I know, but he was my son, I should've noticed" She replies. I sit by her "All of us could've. He's not mad at us, he was never mad at us. He loved us all so much" I say, she looks at me "Never do that to me please, always talk to me or someone" She asks, I kiss her cheek "I promise mama" I rest my head on her shoulder "I invited Jenna" she says after a short comfortable silence "What?" I ask, my blood immediately boiling "She was his fiancé" She replies "Who used him and completely fleeced him" I say. I stand up "She has a right to say goodbye" My mom replies "She also had the right to love him when he was alive. She had every right to do the right thing" I say "She did love him" She says walking down the stairs. We walk into the kitchen "No she didn't, Papa have you heard this nonsense of Jenna coming to the funeral" I ask, he looks up from his newspaper and sighs "Sophia, James loved Jenna, we have to accept that" He replies "But he was dating Camila when he died. Jenna has no right to be here. She never loved him, she broke his heart, used him and his money to then cheat on him with someone HE paid for" I say infuriated "Demi can you take this child from the house to cool down please?" My father says, Demi nods "Babe, come on" She says "Child? Are you kidding me? You belittle me because I spoke the truth? I seriously can't wait to move out once this is done all done" I say, completely forgetting I haven't told my parents. Demi and I begin to walk away "Your moving out?" My mom asks, I turn around "Your damn right I am" I say as we walk out of the door "Breathe with me okay" I hear Demi say, I follow her breathing as we stand on the front porch "You've got this, I'll make sure Jenna isn't a problem or near you, okay" Demi says, I nod and lean in to peck her lips "Sophia..." I hear a soft voice say, I look behind Demi's head and notice of course, Jenna. "Calm" Demi mouths to me "I'm so sorry about James, I know you never liked me and I completely understand that. I did love your brother, perhaps not the way I should've but I did and I'm so sorry this has happened" She says, I look at her "You're one of the reasons he's dead. I'll never ever forgive you for breaking my brothers heart. I'm tolerating you today for the sake of him. Don't think for one second, we will ever be friends or have coffee mourning his death. YOU broke his heart and I'll never ever forgive you. Do not come near me, throughout this whole day, sit away from me" I say to her "Okay, let's go" I hear Demi say. I take Demi's hand and the coffin and cars has just arrived. Demi and I stand hand in hand, while my mom linked my fathers arm. Demi opens the door for me and I get in...

-
"We are here today to pay tribute and our respect to our brother James Alexander Parker. Not only have family and friends gathered here but members of the public are here to witness the tribute and remembrance of James. We're also here today to show our love and support to James's precious family, not only have they lost a brother and a son, but they lost a light he so effortlessly brought to them. James's mother wishes her baby boy is watching over her, protecting her and healing her form grieve. James's father wishes him peace and love from heaven. His sister, Sophia would like to speak" Demi squeezes my thigh and my mom let's go of my hand as I walk up to the stand. I thank the priest. "God separated us way too soon. You were my bestest friend. When life gave me a hard time, you tackled it for me. You wrapped me in bubble wrap so I wouldn't get hurt. You are and will always be my angel. I look up to the sky and you're the brightest star. Your journey had just began, your road hadn't ended yet" I say, choking on my words "I keep asking myself why you wouldn't wake up while I shook you. I'm happy you're in a better place but I miss you, I blamed you when I found out because at the time I thought it was selfish but you needed the pain to end. I hope you're at peace and laughing at how we are all crying for you" I say, laughing between tears "What's important is you know how loved you are. You know how much we all miss you, how much I miss you, James" I say, again through tears "Goodnight" I whisper before stepping from the stand and walking down towards my seat. I decide to go and get air so I walk out and run my hands through my hair as I sob, I break in that moment. I feel someone rest their hand on my back "I've got you baby, don't worry" Demi says pulling me into her arms "Why didn't god take me instead" I sob "He's my brother" I cry. I feel her hold me tighter "No, don't say things like that. I need you, your parents need you, everyone needs you" She says. I hold onto her until I've calmed down "Do you wanna stay or go home?" She asks, I shake my head "I can't watch them bury him" I state, she nods "I can't drive though" Demi says as her foot is still fractured, I nod. Max brought Demi's car before the ceremony. I drive to our house and she looks at me "Why are we here?" She asks "You said home, Demi" I reply. I look at her and she's smiling.

Home.

"Thank you for being here today" I say to her as she lays naked between my legs on the sofa. We moved duvets and pillows to the sofa "You don't have to thank me baby" She smiles. I nod "I still have to move my things here" I say "We should get that sorted pretty soon" She replies, I nod "Definitely. All of Jax's things are here, but mine, I mean I have things here but not everything" I say, she nods and smiles. I hear my phone calling and Demi leans over to grab it for me "It's your mom" She says, I answer it and my mom starts talking "Mom, slow down" I say "Are you okay? Are you safe?" She asks "Yes, why?" I ask "We just saw a crash and someone had the same car as you" She says "No, we took Demi's car" I say... I feel kisses on my boobs/chest "Are you really moving in with Demi?" She asks "I am, yeah. I was gonna tell you after today" I say, I hear her sigh "Do you need anything? Money? Furniture?" She asks "No, Demi did that already and momma I have my own money" I say, I feel Demi's kisses  start going lower "We'll transfer some to your account" She states "Hmh. Momma no, you don't have too" I say groaning "Are you okay? And we want too" She says. I feel Demi get a tiny bit lower "Oh god. Yeah, m-mom, I just hit my foot. I got a go, te amo" I say ending the call "What're you thinking?" I say pulling her up to me "I wanted to taste my girl" She frowns. I push my lips onto hers "I wanna cuddle" I say completely blocking her needs "Ugh, you're the biggest cock block" She groans "I don't even have a di- you worry me Lovato" I say "You have a big dick" She says, I roll my eyes "But mines bigger, you should try it sometime" She says "Yeah? Well I'll have to show you how good I am at sucking it" I say, her eyes widen "If I really had a dick it'd be so hard right now" She says, I start laughing "Too bad you don't" I say. She chuckles and kisses my chest "I've never felt this happy and free" She says "Yeah, what happened with Phil and Mike?" I ask stroking her hair "Phil never let me be myself, I need to be free and have some independence, he controlled my career like it was his own and it's not, I worked my ass off for this" She says, I nod stroking her arm "and Mike?" I ask "He just wasn't who he made out to be, he was nice when you were around but when you weren't he had this new identity and nobody knew who he was so I dropped him" she says, I nod "Perhaps you guys need this time away to rebuild?" I suggest, she shrugs "Maybe, but right now I'm happy and content with you and my REAL people" She states enthusing the 'real'. I kiss her head "Okay baby, whatever you say. I'll support you no matter what" I say, becoming quite worried, I know Demi knows what's best but who's gonna mange her now? Is she gonna be her own manager or what?

!Hey Guys!

Sorry about the delay on this chapter. I hope you enjoyed it.

Sophia and Demi have moved in together, well Sophia has to move her things.

Also, I know nothing about the drama with Demi, Marissa, Phil and Mike in real life. I was just using this as an example of what people do.

Maybe now everything can calm down for the young couple.

What would you like to see happen?? Comment below.

Don't forget to VOTE and comment any ideas/suggestions you have.

Also check out my new book Never Gave In. I just posted the character listings, let me know what you think to them.

All the love always, M x