Chapt 35

(Yoongi)

Yoongi moved away wondering why the actual hell he did that. The kissed had only last for a second, a soft peck. But it was enough for Yoongi to feel how soft and warm Hoseok's lips were.

Yoongi immediately moved away from Hoseok, the sudden warmth he felt in his chest when he kissed Hoseok, dissipating like fog in the early morning sunrise.

Yoongi had only kissed him to see if he could somehow transfer the younger's smile to his own. He knew that thought didn't make sense, but in his delirious state, he wanted an anchor, to stay sane so he had gone with the feeling.

Neither said a word as the awkward situation hung between them. Hoseok was frozen, his eyes were not even blinking.

Yoongi's cheeks were on fire, his heart running a marathon.

Hoseok seemed to slowly come from the daze he was in. His dark orbs moved slowly to wards yoongi and stayed there.

Yoongi searched for something to say. He didn't want the younger to mistake it for something else and destroy the fragile friendship they had.

"I'm sorry." Yoongi said looking away.

Looking away so that he couldn't see the younger's relief. But what he didn't see because of this action was the hurt in Hoseok's eyes and the misunderstanding in them.

"I didn't mean to do that." Yoongi's voice was emotionless as he met Hoseok's blank stare.

But that didn't mean he didn't want to do it when the time was right.

"I know." Hoseok said in a voice that wasn't his. Yoongi nodded in acknowledgment.

What the actual fuck were they?

Friends? Acquaintances? Or strangers who sleep together?

He didn't know. But whatever they were, he wanted it to be that way for a long time. Maybe more.

"The f-funeral is tonight. T-three days long." Yoongi said, stumbling over his words.

Hoseok slowly walked forward and intertwined their fingers, his thumb automatically rubbing soothing circles at the back of Yoongi's palm. Yoongi wanted to sag onto the younger at the silent consolation but he refrained himself.

But Hoseok's arms were suddenly around Yoongi again, a hand forcing yoongi's head onto his shoulder.

"I'm here hyung." Yoongi only tightened his grip in answer.

"Want me to come with you?" Hoseok asked softly, no judgment in his voice. A silent nod against his chest and Hoseok hummed.

And they stood like that for a very, very long time, just enjoying each others warmth, no words said just until the pain in their hearts dulled, just a bit. Because sometimes, words weren't needed.

Just being there for each other was enough.

************************************************

Nothing written above is meant to hurt or offend anyone.