Chapt 36

The promised double update!

(Hoseok)

He refrained himself from asking about what had just happened between them just then.

Hoseok knew that couldn't have meant anything to the older, after all he was in an unbalanced emotionless state. Hoseok couldn't find it in himself to be accusing of the elder, not after Yoongi had asked him to come to the funeral.

Whose funeral? He didn't know and he didn't care. Going there with Yoongi and helping him was all that mattered.

"Come." Hoseok threaded his fingers with Yoongi's limp ones as they entered the ceremonial place in their black tuxedo.

Well his was originally Yoongi's, the pants a tad bit tight and shorter and stood above Hoseok's ankle and the shirt was about one inhale from ripping at the seams, but he didn't mind it.

Yoongi's wide eyes hesitant met Hoseok's assuring ones as Hoseok tried to tug at Yoongi to move into the ceremonial and not block the entrance. He had been standing there, still as a statue for the past ten minutes, wide eyes swimming with tears that never seemed to spill.

So Hoseok untwined their fingers, ignoring the shaky breath that left Yoongi at the action and he moved toward yoongi to cup his cheeks. Yoongi's startled eyes clashed with Hoseok's patient ones as Hoseok gently grazed his thumb over yoongi's pale soft skin.

Yoongi unconsciously leaned in toward's the younger's palm even as people began to stare at the open display of affection.

"Hyung." Hoseok whispered, it was like something in Yoongi went click as he suddenly straightened his spine, took hold of hoesok's hand in a gentle yet firm grip, his pale face an emotionless mask as he walked towards the entrance.

Yoongi seemed to ignore Hoseok's stunned expression as he weaved in through the human traffic like a man on a mission.

Hoseok's mouth was still parted when Yoongi reached the ceremonial altar, not bothering to bow or to the elderly people who looked his way, no trace of the broken man from before. And nothing scared Hoseok more than that. It was like he became an another person.

And the worst part? Nobody even battled an eyelash at this Yoongi. Not even as he ignored the people who approached him, his presence seemed to be calm and indifferent, so at odds with the turmoil beneath.

The turmoil only Hoseok could see, in the position of his stiffened spine, the stuttering in his eyes every time his eyes swept past the altar and met the gaze of a slightly older woman across the room who held a slight resemblance to the man whose photo was atop the coffin.

It wasn't rocket science as to who she was.

They seemed to talk silently and the woman stepped forward a step and Yoongi answered with a swift shake of his head, rejecting her advance.

She looked away, stepping back to her original position as Yoongi turned to meet Hoseok's ever watching gaze.

Something in Yoongi's eyes just then made Hoseok blink twice.

This was all a façade.

A façade to stay strong in front of all this people and yoongi hated that. There was shame in his eyes that he was being a hypocrite in front of Hoseok, fear that Hoseok would leave him if yoongi gave the opportunity, how Hoseok understood all of that, in one gaze, Hoseok himself didn't understand, neither did he bother with figuring out

Yoongi was already loosening the grip on his fingers to let him go but Hoseok held firm making yoongi stiffen in surprise.

I'm staying.

Yoongi's face was emotionless but, Hoseok could see the relief in the set of his mouth and eyes.

I'm here. Its okay. I see you.

Yoongi nodded softly before looking away, wiping tiredly at his eyes for all the world to see, but Hoseok knew that yoongi just wanted to hide the wetness his fingers came with.

So Hoseok stayed with Yoongi, even as the sunset for three days in a row, they sat together Yoongi's trembling hand in his, offering a shoulder when to cry on in the bathroom, Yoongi finally breaking down after Baek-hyun was finally sent away to his resting place.

_________________________________

My heart hurts to even write this.