Chapt 50

SORRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYY

(Hoseok)

You know shits gonna go down when your ex boyfriend opens the door to your current not-official-but-still-boyfriend.

A few hours before, Hoseok was putting up streamers while Suran put up the fairy light and he had thought that, for once things might go right.

Oh but no, beause Suran decided to invite his ex, whom he hasn't seen or talked for a year now to the party and decided to 'forget' to tell him about it until the man was strolling through the front gate like he owned the fucking house.

Why? Because she's a little piece of shit like that.

He had watched with stunned eyes as Taehyung came upto his frozen figure and hugged him like all was okay between them. Like he hadn't dumped Hoseok out of nowhere without an explanation.

As Taehyung hugged him, he felt the apology, the hesitance and the hand of friendship he was holding out through the embrace.

Hoseok suddenly had to clamp down on his own mind, from the onslaught of his own memories.

Their memories.

Then Yoongi's bright smile and fluffy white hair flashed in his mind's eye and he relaxed against Taehyung's arms.

It was all okay now. He had found a better person. A better relationship, he finally admitted to himself.

Just like that, Taehyung appearing him, and his silent apology gave Hoseok the closure he had thought he didn't need. Some part of him that had refrained from liking Yoongi, that deep hesitant part of himself felt like it was finally unraveling and Hoseok felt grateful for that.

But Hoseok new that there was another part of his past that he didn't want to confront yet.

A part that even Taehyung didn't know about.

So he accepted Taehyung's apology by clapping his back in a friendly gesture and allowing him in with a soft smile.

Taehyung who was ready to get down on his knees and apologize if the older pushed him away, was stunned at the unexpected response. He had watched Hoseok slowly went back to helping Suran put the fairy lights up, laughing and talking in his own loud way like he used to.

But something of the laughter had changed somehow. He couldn't pinpoint what. But he could tell it was something could. So he joined them, silently grateful for Suran as she asked for his help by calling him a lazy ungrateful ass.

Now as he watched Taehyung being his hyperactive self around the house, he was happy he had forgiven him even though he still wanted to know why Taehyung had dumped him like that.

He was thinking about how much the younger had grown in some ways and stayed the same in some other ways. His shoulders had gotten broader, and his facial features had grown sharper, his voice deeper (how was that possible?) and as if that wasn't enough, he now also towered over Hoseok. But the beautiful change in his features didn't him of his boxy smile or childish ways, the new fluidity in his movements didn't stop him from tripping and falling everywhere either.

Taehyung had goofed around with Suran and Lisa, the twins wholeheartedly accepting him back and subtly flirting and complimenting Taehyung leaving the boy a blushing mess.

The doorbell had rung and he laughed as all three had raced to open it. He had watched as Taehyung's now looming presence had covered up whoever was at the door as he answered it gleefully.