Chapt 60

(Hoseok)

Yoongi was silent.

Hoseok's worried gaze ran over the unflinching and emotionless man before him, trying to gauge what he was thinking but to no avail.

After a long pause of silence, Yoongi finally opened his mouth.

"Suran dances that well?" Yoongi's question threw him off but he nodded avoiding the elder's eyes.

"Used to." Hoseok said softly and the other frowned in confusion.

"What do you mean used to?" Yoongi asked and Hoseok shook his head.

"Its not my secret to tell."

Yoongi nodded, leaving it at that.

"...so how do you feel about becoming a dancer in this company." Yoongi asked softly and Hoseok's eyes snapped towards Yoongi's, hesitance swirling in his orbs.

The offer laid before him, was a hand dealt with him, capable of turning his entire life upside down. Recently, after meeting Yoongi, he had been intrigued in music too, fascinated by the Yoongi's works made him think in different dimension of not of this world and emotions that required notes mind rather than the physical stretch of limbs and facial expressions.

He would have to live like Lisa, constantly tired, rare holidays....but with Yoongi...

It almost sounded appealing if he could do it with Yoongi.

"Think about it." Yoongi started, "You are a good dancer, good enough to be an artis-"

"Hyung, I'll need time." Hoseok said firmly and Yoongi nodded still shocked that the dancer he was searching for had been standing right in front of him all this time.

"What about Suran?" Yoongi asked wincing because he really didn't want to push the topic but had to have answer since he had been avoiding the case for a long time now.

Hoseok's sharp gaze met Yoongi's.

"I'll have to ask her." Hoseok finally admitted and Yoongi nodded. Fair enough.

"Hyung why did you quit being a trainee?" Hoseok suddenly interjected and Yoongi sputtered for a response.

A long silence followed while Hoseok waited patiently, perching on the couch on the corner of the studio.

"I felt like I was not meant for rapping." Finally said and Hoseok raised an eyebrow.

"I thought you became a trainee because of your rap skills?"

"I did bu-"

"You just thought that even if they only select talented people for becoming idols, you were not meant for it?" Hoseok asked a bit sharply and Yoongi paused a bit blinking.

"Back then my-" Yoongi started fumbling for an excuse but Hoseok stopped him with a stare.

"Its been two years now hyung." Hoseok reminded him quietly but not gently.

"What made you move away from Daegu to Seoul with Kyunsoo Noona hyung?" Hoseok asked again, knowing that he was hurting the elder but also knowing that Yoongi despite whoever he was know, whatever he had become was not the full extent of his dream.

"Music." Came Yoongi's firm reply and Hoseok nodded.

"So you quit being and idol because you couldn't do music?"

"Among other things." Yoongi said nodding his eyes vulnerable and Hoseok slowly got up and walked towards the elder with nothing but warmth and determination in his eyes.

"Don't you want to rap anymore hyung?" Hoseok asked Yoongi, looking deep into the elder's eyes and they held gazes for a second, searching for answers of their lives in each other's eyes before Yoongi closed his eyes and lent back in his chair.

"I used to rap as an underground rapper." Yoongi admitted and Hoseok's eyes blew wide open.

"I used to get two people who always used to come and watch." Yoongi smiled to himself, "But the joy of rapping even for them was unbelievable."

"Even after winning so many awards for my music, even though I'm satisfied with my music, I want to feel...that again. That joy of owning a stage, the one that drove me to audition here." Yoongi spoke on, the confession more for himself rather than for Hoseok.

"Maybe, this is not going to work out, maybe we will suck at this but we can try if we are together?" Hoseok asked softly, completely understanding that Yoongi might not couldn't be onboard with this.

Relationships, he was beginning to understand, was constant dance of leaning on and lightly holding on but never letting go. It didn't matter if they both had different beats in their souls, joined, they could dance to the most beautiful harmony. They could allow each other space yet never actually let go.

That's what love was.

Trying and smiling for the other, when they smile for you and you for them. When the song you sing together is offbeat and scratchy but it resonates within your intertwined fingertips. Pushing the other person to their best, bringing out their fight and making them realize what they are.

That's what love was.

Never letting go.

It was with this realization that Hoseok finally braced himself to hear Yoongi's answer as the elder opened his eyes.

Maybe in those moments the elder realized the same, because there was a new determination and hope in the familiar warmth of the elder's eyes. Something that made Hoseok know the promise even before it was uttered out loud.

"Together. Together it is."

_____________________________________

OKAYBUTSINGULARITYOHMYGOD

THATSENSUALMOFO

THISCOMEBACKISGOINGTOKILLMEOHMYGOD

BYE